Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Asus AX GT11000 Roter and Hub 4 modem mode issue.

Hi all

Having aloat of issues with Hub 4 , when in modem mode wont connect to mu ASUS AX GT 11000 router , get no internet also when in modem mode it should have IP adress of 192.168.100.1 but cant access that eitheer so have to reset hub 4.

Tried lan port and also Lan port 4 still no connection to my router. i Have an old Op******ch modem which i have been using for over 1and  half years no issue at all and modem must about 10 years old and connects perfectly.

But i try the Hub 4 in modem mode nothing

1. Set Hub 4 modem mode and switch off

2. Set router as a wireless router and enable DHCP , reboot and let it sit 5 mins or more.

3. Switch on Hub 4 connected to Wan port to router and Lan port of Hub 4 wait at least 10 mins no internet.

4. Tried the above procedure and used lan port 1 on Hub 4 still no internet/

5. Tried the whole in reverse still no internet/

But if i switvh router to take Auto IP address get internet but no Wifi , so basically stuck with Hub 4 which dont connect to my Asus router but my 10 years modem connects straight away.

Any help appreciated

eggie99

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Asus AX GT11000 Roter and Hub 4 modem mode issue.

What openreach “modem”?

The ASUS should work in modem mode providing nothing else is connected to the hub apart from the ASUS.

Power on the hub first, then power on the ASUS.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Yes Openreach modem thats works flawlessly but not the Hub 4 considering how old it is.

Also I realised another thing my Asus router Ip and default gateway the same , are the supposed to be the same ? 

I thought router should have own IP and default gateway either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 mine showing same when running command ipconfig / all in cmd

I have set the the Ip on router to default gateway 192.168.0.1 and see if router picks up own Ip. Will also update firmware incase new firmware fixes bugs 

Will try your method tomorrow and let you know what happens. 

Eggie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I don’t understand the relevance of an openreach modem and the Virgin hub.

If you have the hub in modem mode then the modem IP is 192.168.100.1

You can set the IP of your router to whatever you wish it to be. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I might have not explained properly,  I am using openreach modem with my asus router which works perfect . When I disconnect my openreach modem and put Hub 4 in modem mode I get no connection to Internet the Internet light stays red on router meaning no internet.  But when hub 4 in modem mode I lose the Hubs homepage which should be 192.168.100.1 can't access it so have reset hub from.the back.

So basically when using openreach modem get connection to router  ut when using hub 4 no connection to router. 

So.dont know why hub 4 won't connect to asus router when in modem mode and openreach modem disconnected from router. Been trying for 8 hours on Sunday no joy. 

Customer service cant help also 2nd line support cant help dont know what to do so basically stuck at moment 

Eggie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hello

One thing that stands out for the hub 4 and modem mode to work correctly please  use the following process

1) When the Hub 4 is in modem (the light should be magenta but does in some cases look red) mode power off the hub and your own router.

2) Connect the Router to the hub using any one of the ports, no other device should be connected to the hub 4, as only one port can be used when in modem only mode.

3) Power on the hub 4 and let the lights stabilize.

4) Power on your own router, let the lights stabilize.

This should resolve your problem, it only has too be done the first time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@eggie99 wrote:

I might have not explained properly,  I am using openreach modem with my asus router which works perfect . When I disconnect my openreach modem and put Hub 4 in modem mode I get no connection to Internet the Internet light stays red on router meaning no internet.  But when hub 4 in modem mode I lose the Hubs homepage which should be 192.168.100.1 can't access it so have reset hub from.the back.

So basically when using openreach modem get connection to router  ut when using hub 4 no connection to router. 

So.dont know why hub 4 won't connect to asus router when in modem mode and openreach modem disconnected from router. Been trying for 8 hours on Sunday no joy. 

Customer service cant help also 2nd line support cant help dont know what to do so basically stuck at moment 

Eggie

Why are you using an openreach modem on a Virgin connection?

Post a picture of the modem or tell us the model number. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@ shadow 

Hub 4 light stays white but hub 3 goes magenta

@dexter

I am openreach modem with BT broadband switched to virgin for faster but looks like not going work . BT broadband still active going for disconnect around 20th November so need this to work before BT disconnects me

Eggie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Right OK.

If you're disconnecting the Asus from the OR modem, have you factory reset the Asus at all?

Is the Asus set to Automatic/DHCP?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Tonight going to try a firmware update and see if that does anything for it also shadow mentioned hub light should change colour to show in modem mode. Mine just stays white whether in Router mode or Modem mode .

Also when I put it in Modem mode lose the home page for the hub csnt access it , I try 192.168.100.1 but can't be accessed so wondering hub at fault ?

Once I update firmware tonight will post back of the outcome 

Thanks for the help gladly appreciated

Eggie

0 Kudos