Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Argos online shopping

Recently I have found it impossible to order online anything from the Argos App & Argos via a browser..its tells me everything is out of stock and I mean everything..I contacted Argos and the items I actually wanted was in stock and that there is no problem their end ofand no reports of the Argos app not working properly..so my Question is could my Wifi/Broadband be the cause of me not being able to shop online with Argos anymore?? As I said Argos says everything is fine their end..I read somewhere that some online retailers can end up being blocked for some reason is this true? When I'm shopping and click on delivery it says " connecting to a secure connection " then tells me item is out of stock when infact it isnt..so am I having problems getting a secured connection,? Any answers & help would be appreciated  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Argos online shopping

doesn't sound like a wi fi issue to me, what happens if you connect via data?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I tried doing it via my ps4 browser and data from my o2 phone..get same results..the entire catalogue out of stock..it cant be an Argos app fault though as I get same results via browser

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

is it with any postcode?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@dannylau wrote:

is it with any postcode?

Good question.  Just tried a quick test on the Argos site comparing my postcode in Wigan with a random one in the Orkney Islands and some items show in stock for delivery to Wigan but out of stock for Orkney (not even two day delivery).

That suggests to me that the Argos site might be having an issue with @Darran2's postcode (or their argos account) as that is probably the only common denominator between each test.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

My Account seems to be in order as I check it regular there is nothing suspicious only the items I have ordered before & payments etc...Argos say they are having no issues though

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Switch your Hub off and try the app on your phone using3G/4G and try ordering.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson

Ex UK Armed Forces
Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@MikeRobbo wrote:

Switch your Hub off and try the app on your phone using3G/4G and try ordering.

User has already tried via O2 data on a phone (see post 3 on the thread) and getting the same result.

@Darran2 You haven't answered @dannylau's question about other postcodes.  While Argos may say that they have no issues, you evidence suggests otherwise.  Having tried multiple devices and a non VM connection then the only common factor in each of your tests is your postcode/account.

Try SW1A 1AA which is the postcode for Buckingham Palace.  When I try it it shows some items out of stock for delivery but not all and even then it often shows available to collect from "Pimlico Argos in Sainsburys (Victoria)".

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Just seen it ta.

If it isn't working on O2 data it isn't a VM problem.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson

Ex UK Armed Forces
Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Or in the weird and wonderful world of single building post codes WC2N 5DN is the postcode for the National Gallery 

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos