Menu
preferBTtbh
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Area issues since February.

Had Intermittent Broadband since February. Must've phoned 50+ times. Each phone call I'm given a different fix date. The fix date comes and goes. Multiple texts saying issue is now resolved. Goes down again the day after so I ring up and get told engineers are working on it. I would say roughly engineers have been out to the area maybe 15 times. 4 times alone just this week. Had 4 different times of it being fixed this week. 4 different times confirmed to be fixed and service status show no issues in the area. Just for it to go down again the day after. Isn't just me. Multiple people in local groups online have the same complaints. Why is it so hard to get a once and for all fix and the actual date this will happen? (Funnily enough I got told the once and for all fix was in late march, lasted about 2 days, shocker). Tired of ringing up jsut to be outsorced to someone in the Philippines or India who hasn't got a clue what's going on. Is it really that impossible for someeone in the customer service teams to have direct contact with the area manager or engineers working on site who can then relay to customers what the issue is and why it's happening repeatedly? This is my last attempt at getting an answer before I jsut go to Ofcom. Already had to book BT as an alternative and have them delivering my equipment tomorrow with an installation date of early May. Been with Virgin for years with 0 issues, and all of a sudden since February the service is so bad I wouldn't choose to have it even if they were the ones paying me. Area currently offline with no fix estimate as it's a "complicated issue" even though I was told it was fixed every day for the past 4 days.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area issues since February.

OFCOM won’t be interested.

Also you’re on a residential service with no SLA for faults or fixes. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Did they say what the fault actually is? i.e. SNR issue? Congestion? Other?

Did you try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers).

A BQM would provide useful info so if you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
preferBTtbh
Tuning in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

So because I'm not a business it's **bleep** you pay your bill and deal with no internet?

0 Kudos
preferBTtbh
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

No. Never once been told what the issue is. That's all I want but seems impossible to find out. I'll set one up later and see what happens.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@preferBTtbh wrote:

So because I'm not a business it's **bleep** you pay your bill and deal with no internet?

To a certain degree, yes, it is.

Are you experiencing a total loss of service (for consecutive days with no return of service) or just intermittent outages?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Post up the BQM link to "share live graph" as soon as. It could be very helpful to decipher what the problem might be.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
preferBTtbh
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

When it goes off the average downtime is 10+ hours. Don't know if that qualifies as intermittent. Usually comes back on for like an hour then its gone again for another day or two. Been that story since early february. Off more than on. 6 engineers booked and all failed to turn up. Told 0 record of any appointments booked. 0 record of outages on days I claim. 0 record of any texts from VM updating me in regards to faults and times they're fixed. I've got screenshots of all the service status messages on their own website saying they are aware of an issue and an engineer is working on it. Got all the texts on my phone from them informing me of engineer appointments and informing me of outages/fixes. They're either straight up lying to me, haven't got a clue what the issue is, or just don't communicate between departments at all.

I've been told SNR issue in my area, damaged cables, main line for the postcode needs replacing, bear in mind I've had 6 engineers booked because it's my hub that is the issue and not the area.

Just frustrated with the lack of communication. The last time this happened over a year ago I got a phone call from the area manager and he told me the issue, told me he'd cancelled my engineer appointment, and that his team would have it fixed within 24 hours and he apologised. This time it's been going on for 3 months and not one person has been able to give a straight answer on the issue and when it will be solved. All contradict each other or just admit they straight up haven't got a clue.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

If there is an SNR issue then engineer visits to properties will get cancelled.

You'll need to wait for a forum rep to reply here and confirm.

preferBTtbh
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Set it up and will post later. Thanks John.

0 Kudos