Menu
DDR400
Joining in
Message 11 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area Outage 12 months - Jitter in high hundreds - Unstable speed - Unusable/Unacceptable

Could someone please flag this for one of the VM team to have a proper look, and actually tell me what's going on.

The above reply sums up their customer service perfectly. Didn't even take the time to look at what's wrong. I know there is an area fault, the fact its been kicked down the road for a year is the issue. Your fix date means nothing.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 12 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area Outage 12 months - Jitter in high hundreds - Unstable speed - Unusable/Unacceptable

Emily said its a SNR fault. The length of time its been going on and the state of the BQM means I suspect its overutilisation - but they say not.

See if gets fixed by Mar 11th - if it doesnt there is little you can do other than move suppliers

Take a look at Andruser's comments on OU issues in message 4

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Jitter-and-latency/m-p/4609932#M378967

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon DDR400,

Thanks for your post and I'm terribly sorry for the frustration that's been caused from the ongoing network congestion

I've dropped the area field managers an E-Mail to see if they're able to advise me any further on why this has taken an extended period of time

Hopefully I'll be able to update you as soon as possible

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
DDR400
Joining in
Message 14 of 35
Flag for a moderator

So have you managed to get any news on this?

As predicted the resolution date has been kicked down the road again and again since asking about this.....since 25th of March 2020! 

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hello DDR400

Really sorry to hear of both the service issues and delays in getting this resolved.

We can confirm that the ticket F007904093 now has an estimated fix time of the 6th April 2021 at 10am, we understand this is frustrating and the engineers are working hard to fully resolve this as quickly as possible. Sometimes the work required is larger or more complex than originally anticipated which can delay the estimated fix time.

Rob

0 Kudos
DDR400
Joining in
Message 16 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply but I'm really going to need more information than just a new date at this stage. These dates have just moved and moved from the 25th of March 2020. This is over a year of the same stock answer. 

If you are unable to give me any more information, can you please ensure and confirm this is escalated to someone who can. These boiler plate responses and dates are unacceptable as a response at this point.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to us @DDR400 

What would you like the additional information do you require? There is an SNR issue in the area, we are able to explain what SNR means if you wish?

We do understand how frustrating this is.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
DDR400
Joining in
Message 18 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response Zac,

Seeing as I have just been given a new date for over and over for a year I would like to know the following (I'm familiar with what SNR means, thank you.):

- I would like to know what the delays are

- I would like to know what stage you are at in actually resolving the issue and reducing overall utilisation which constantly sits at 94%+ as reported by your own engineers

- I would like to know what action has been taken to date to resolve the issue. For example has the additional equipment been ordered/allocated, have the permits from the council been acquired should digging need to take place and what dates have been confirmed for works to be carried out etc.

- As I am given new expected completion dates I would like to know the basis for this new date and the information that leads you to that date.

I'm sure this won't be difficult as you have been working on this for a year, so I'm sure you have lots of information about all the hard work that has been going in to this. 

In addition I would like you to ensure that my complaint (C-0403213079) Is not closed until this is resolved, please confirm this. I have not had a response to my emails after being sent an email by the resolution team, stating that if I do not phone them within 28 days you will assume I am happy and close the case. As explained I am unable to phone them as a result of your failed service. Please can you have someone pick up my response to the 'Resolution' that they have sent.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 19 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me @DDR400 

I have just taken a look over the account,  I can see that the complaint is with our CEO team and they are going to be liaising with the AFM to get the answers to your questions. 

They are best poised to get you the answers you require. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
DDR400
Joining in
Message 20 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Zak,

Can you clarify CEO team and AFM definitions? I'm presuming Complaint Escalation something (As I doubt this is anywhere near the CEO) and Area Field Manager or something similar? 

Can you also confirm that my complaint will remain open as I am still to have any response from them.

0 Kudos