Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Area 31 no internet connection

I’ve had a green flashing power light and green solid WiFi symbol on my hub all day. No internet connection. I’ve called Virgin twice to be told there is an issue and to just wait!! I received a text at 4pm to say the issue had been resolved.... yet I still have no connection and same flashing green lights on my hub. 

Any advice welcome as trying to work from home. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 31 no internet connection

To check that it is actually resolved, as well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

And reboot the hub to try and force it to reestablish a connection 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi!

Im having the same problem - I’m 3 days in without WiFi or any internet at all, and without any TV at all. Tried calling multiple times and have gotten absolutely nowhere. Had been on the phone and on hold for 1 hour, 3 minutes, before getting cut off. I’ve had enough of not being able to talk to anyone. I’m one cut off call away from cancelling everything. If anyone can help on this subject, I’ll also be extremely pleased. 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I’m in exactly the same position. Area 31 and my connection went off this morning. Called virgin media, been on hold 4 times 4 hours a time. Router is giving me various errors but most commonly I’m seeing RF signal failure. I’m happy to provide all my router stats and more info. Wouldn’t mind but I’m paying for 1gig and at £62 a month this service is flagging ship.

*Edited for admin Dan_M*

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Call the automated 0800 number and check - there is no "hold".

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Please start your own threads.

Area codes are for billing and not geographical locations. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

There’s no such thing as hold with virgin media telephone support. You either call and wait for 1 hour exactly and get cut off or they answer after 10 minutes. I’m still on hold now. I don’t get a phone signal in my house so I’m having out my window to get signal.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@shua wrote:

There’s no such thing as hold with virgin media telephone support. You either call and wait for 1 hour exactly and get cut off or they answer after 10 minutes. I’m still on hold now. I don’t get a phone signal in my house so I’m having out my window to get signal.

Not from the automated service status number there isn’t 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

the area service number tells us we’re all online. There are 5 flat in my building and I can confirm that 4 out of 5 use Virgin and we’re all out.

0 Kudos