Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Area 22 - internet down

Hello 

So found out the area we are in 22, is down and having intermittent problems. 

Got no email or text to say that this happened. Just noticed that went down, not had the chance phone them yet to see when this might be fixed but this 5th time this happened. 4 in past year. 

What the hell are we paying for if you are not going to give a good service. I hope you give some kind of compensation because it getting stupid now. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 22 - internet down

Area 22 is a billing code related to the company that laid cables in your area and many other areas.  It is not a geographical area and so an outage for you is unlikely to cover all of Area 22.

VM don't issue email or text alerts when things go down, I'm not aware of any UK residential ISP that does.

The compensation scheme is covered here:

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

You have to report the loss of service to VM to be eligible for compensation.  I'm not sure if posting here is classed as officially reporting it (I suspect not).  Best to call VM or use this link:

https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status

If the fault is shown on the status page there should be an option to report your TLS and be eligible for compensation.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As well as trying the “check service,” weblink (at the top of this forum board), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) - that may give you more info.
If nothing shows on there call it in as a fault and see what they say when they test your connection and if possible, get a fault reference number.

The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jejo123,

Thank you for your post and welcome to forums I hope you enjoy our community 🙂

I have done some remote checks on your account and can see you are part of an SNR outage. The estimated fix date is the 7th of January and the reference is F007631478. For details regarding Ofcom's auto compensation scheme, you find all info here. If you are still having issues when the outage has been resolved let us know and we will be more than happy to have a look for you.

Many thanks,

Zoie_P