Menu
Highlighted
martinistall
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Apple devices and Super Hub 2

Having made several calls to the helpline I'm still having trouble with Apple devices connecting to our Superhub 2.  It will work fine for a while then the connection drops and looking at what SSID's are visible we have two 2.4GHz networks with one reporting "Weak security" and defaulting to WEP rather than the WPA2(AES) configured on the hub. 

Rebooting the hub fixes it for a while but obviously isn't ideal. Other wifi and wired devices work fine it just affects Apple devices which are all fully patched (12.1.2)

The call centre told me they'd sorted out a "technical glitch" on my router that would fix the issue, it didn't, then a subsequent call suggested having a cordless phone was the issue but the issue remains.

I've seen some posts on here saying I need a new router, but on the phone they said this wasn't the case and there were no known issues.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Apple devices and Super Hub 2

When the VM bods get to this thread in a week's time, they'll replace your SH2 with a Hub 3. What you're seeing is a known condition with the SH2.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have the SH2 but it is in modem mode with my own wifi router. But several of the very qualified experts on here have commented to me in the past that the SH2 is well known (maybe not by CS staff though) to develop a WPS password glitch where it spontaneously reverts back to WEP. Only solution (recommended!) is to keep it and put it in modem mode with your own wifi router. Or get it swapped for the Hub3. If you wait on here for a week or so a VM staff member should pick this up and offer to swap it for you.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi martinistall

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you do want us to look into swapping the hub to a hub 3 for you then we'd be happy to take a look at this for you.

I have sent a PM to you that you can find on the top right in the purple envelope and if you can pop back to me on this that would be great.

Hope to speak soon!

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos