Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Appalling (broadband and customer) service

After waiting collectively 2 hours on the phone having bear that intolerable hold music trying to reach the technical department, was disconnected numerous times. However I persisted because our WiFi speed (which was marketed as one of the best 500mbps) is slow, temperamental and doesn’t reach all the rooms of our small flat. 
Once finally through, I was spoken over by a MR ANGKIT very rudely and then finally he cut me off and said thank you for calling and the line went silent. I was told I would have to upgrade my package because my current one is expected not to reach all of the rooms?! What kind of solution is that. The broadband has failed us but to have access to our own wifi we must pay more. The team, speeds and the service have been absolutely shocking and we moved our provider to Virgin and had to pay a hefty cancellation fee to BT because we sold under the illusion that Virgin had the better service. 
I have also tried to contact the telesales agent who initially sold me the package claiming it to be the best; CHANTELLE WILSON. However she has been ignoring my emails. 
This is completely abhorrent and I hope the Virgin Media team are ashamed at this. I expect this to be rectified immediately. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: Appalling (broadband and customer) service

ok lets stick to that working out the issue.
is this just a WIFI issues or an actual internet connection issue? they are not the same thing.

virgin (or any other ISP) does not guarantee WIFI coverage, it guarantess the connection up to the hub.

so what is your ethernet connection like?

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 31
Flag for a moderator

“Stick to that working out the issue”?? That is grammatically incorrect. The issue is the speed of our broadband AS WELL AS the temperament of your team. Shockingly rude and is no way to run a business. When connected with the Ethernet it is fine but all wireless speed is incredibly temperamental. We are paying for our broadband to work wirelessly but it is practically useless sometimes. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 31
Flag for a moderator

ok so rather than go straight to explaining the issue, you firstly choose to pick up on grammar issues.
good luck to you, but i am walking away from this one.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Too emotional.... 

Don’t reply if you don’t want to help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 6 of 31
Flag for a moderator

actually i did attempt to help, but i have revoked the offer of help due to how you responded.
good luck.

you reap what you sow.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 31
Flag for a moderator

WiFi speeds and connectivity are not guaranteed, per your contract and the Speed Guarantee it references.

What are your wired speeds like?

Have you looked at optimising your wifi - splitting the wifi bands, choosing less congested channels etc.?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 31
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you are within 14 days of activation you can cancel the VM contract with no financial penalty and move to another provider and get a new customer package.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very good shout 

Highlighted
Super solver
Message 10 of 31
Flag for a moderator

No one on this thread works for Virgin Media.  If you doxx staff members, they are perfectly within their rights to refuse to help you as it is harassment.  You also come across in a similar fashion to a demented primary school headmistress unable to control unruly pupils.   This isn't helpful and doesn't solve your problem.  My usual modus operandi to posts like this is to laugh, "Yeah, OK", ignore it then move on.  This isn't the place for online slanging matches.

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.