Menu
StewartWhite
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Appalling Internet Connectivity in Willingham, Cambridgeshire

Continued Virgin Media Broadband Problems in Willingham

Your Customer Services team has told me that you won't investigate the continued Virgin Broadband problems in Willingham, Cambridgeshire until enough people (I've been told by their "Customer Services" Team that 100 complaints are needed before they'll act) complain to them

On this basis I've asked them (via nextdoor.co.uk) to call you on 0345 454 1111 (waiting until Monday as I know that you routinely refuse to answer the phone over the weekend). I've also e-mailed your CEO to complain but so far neither he nor anybody else at Virgin Media have bothered to respond as presumably you'll only take an interest if >100 complaints are made. If any other forum users would like to complain direct to the Virgin Media CEO his e-mail address is: lutz.schueler@virginmedia.co.uk
but don't expect an answer any time soon as he doesn't appear to have any interest in how bad Virgin customer service is despite his very healthy pay packet.

StewartWhite
Tuning in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Appalling Internet Connectivity in Willingham, Cambridgeshire

Just walked down the road and found that the Virgin cabinet in our street has been vandalised with water coming in and bare wires showing as per the photo below. Yet Virgin engineers have supposedly been to site on Thursday and Friday to try to resolve the issue. Presumably they couldn't be bothered to get out of their comfortable chairs at home and actually look at the dismal state of their cabinet.

Virgin engineers don't think this is a problemVirgin engineers don't think this is a problem

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The number (automated) for reporting street box problems is 0330 333 0444

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone) and see what they say when they test the connection. Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly. If you follow options 1,1,4,4 they usually pick it up quickly as they think you want to cancel the contract

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
zbanczyk
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Similar issues. 18 outages during work hours in just over a week. Uplink dies followed by downlink and total failure 15-20s later. Also note uplink severely limited in Willingham.

DrJones
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Same here - also Willingham. Have just got off the phone to Virgin. I specifically raised the issue that, when one calls the 'service status' line, there is always an automated message stating that 'there is an improvement happening, it should be fixed by 2pm', and was told by the handler that she could see that there was an outage registered for my postcode, with a resolution date of 12th Feb. Don't want to give anyone false hope, but it was a more substantial answer than previously given. She's also registered another outage ticket for my specific call.

StewartWhite
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So the problem is getting worse every day whilst it has supposedly already been fixed twice. Nobody has done anything about the badly damaged distribution point on Church Street in Willingham. An engineer is meant to be coming out on Thursday afternoon but I'll believe it when I see them - no doubt it will be cancelled "because of Covid" or "it's a bit chilly and I like sitting in my office". See below for just some of today's network error log:

09/02/2021 14:37:15

Warning!

RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

09/02/2021 14:37:5

notice

LAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

09/02/2021 14:34:41

critical

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

09/02/2021 14:34:41

Warning!

RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

09/02/2021 15:25:22

critical

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

09/02/2021 17:11:38

critical

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

09/02/2021 17:11:37

notice

LAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

09/02/2021 17:11:28

critical

critical

Unicast Maintenance Ranging attempted - No response - Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

critical

Ranging Request Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

09/02/2021 17:10:44

critical

0 Kudos
DrJones
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes exactly this - same logs, it's so obviously a damaged box. I've taken to piggy-backing on my neighbours BT line for all Zooms this week...! If it's not fixed by the weekend, I'll be back on the phone.

DrJones
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Just to update - went back to My Account to make sure the outage was appearing, and now the 'service status' (which had previously been 'nothing is wrong') is now clearly marked up as 'there is a problem' and the date mentioned to me on the phone is logged. Again, like you, I'll believe it when I see it, but clearly they are aware and I'm very happy to keep the pressure on with you to get this fixed. 

StewartWhite
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Engineer visit scheduled for tomorrow afternoon has been "postponed" (presumably code for cancelled). As you say, it's so obviously a damaged distribution point that I can't think of any further ways to tell them.

0 Kudos
DrJones
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Strangely, I just got a text saying that they had fixed the problem... can I ask where you're hearing about the engineer?

0 Kudos