cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App cannot find hub

Leewhite1977
Tuning in

Hello

i have just set up a hub 3 and it is working fine. I am using the virgin media connect app but no matter what it cannot locate my hub.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Its a flaky App. This may help.

Uninstall the App and reinstall the latest version. Then the first thing to be aware of is you need to be connected to your Home WiFi in order for the app to connect to the Hub. It won't allow the connection if you're on a Guest network, VPN or Mobile data. If this still doesn't help, try clearing the data within the Connect App. These steps will help you do that: 

For your Apple device, if you're on iOS 15 then you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data. If you're on iOS 16 then just delete the app from your device, restart the handset and then redownload the app. 

For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache. 

Or, see this other possible solution - to get this to work you have to disable the 5ghz wifi on the hub5 so the Connect app connects through 2.4ghz and then works fine.

Also make sure that you reboot the Hub after doing these and try again.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hello

that has not worked. It looked like it would but after a bit of time it came up with cannot find hub again.

Hey @Leewhite1977, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.
I'm sorry to hear that the app cannot find the VM hub 😞

Please can you try the following and let us know if it works:

For your Apple device, you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data.
For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache.

If you are using an Android device can you please ensure you have the following settings enabled:
Location Permissions (Settings > Apps > Virgin Media Connect > Permissions)
Nearby devices (Settings > Google devices & Sharing > Scan for nearby devices).

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello

thank you for your help but I go as far as iCloud and there is no section for manage settings. I am on the latest iOS as well 16.3

please advise what next.

many thanks

@Leewhite1977 wrote:

Hello

thank you for your help but I go as far as iCloud and there is no section for manage settings. I am on the latest iOS as well 16.3

please advise what next…….

Good luck with that - already advised VM last year (on 15.x and 16.x ) but FTeam  ignore me as I’m “persona non grata”! 

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED

Thank you for confirming that Leewhite1977.

As a last resort we would advise to factory reset the hub and then try again. 

^Martin