cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android phone shows 'connected without internet' when my windows PC is turned on and connected to WiFi

Boogz
Tuning in
  • Whenever I boot my Windows PC up and it's connected to WiFi or Ethernet, my partner's phone loses Internet connection amd says 'connected without internet'. The only way I have found to fix this is to turn my PC off or disconnect it from my Virgin router. My phone, however, does not have this issue. We both use android on similar versions. My PC is running Windows 11. I have ensured that my PC is not downloading any updates and no processes show as using the network while this issue persists. 

This has ultimately made it impossible for my partner to use her phone while I am using my computer for anything, even just browsing the Web. The only way we have found to make things work is for her phone to be right next to the router. Anywhere else and the problem persists. We live in a small 2 bed flat on the ground floor and only interior walls separate us while I am in the office. 

10 REPLIES 10

Hey @Boogz, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm happy to see that your query has been answered here, there is a wealth of knowledge available on the forums.
Let us know if the advice given has managed to resolve your query.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs