Menu
Highlighted
tallen65
Joining in
Message 21 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Android devices have connection issues

Hi there,
Good thought, but I don't have websafe as I already have a subscription to Bitdefender Total Security. Have checked settings on Bitdefender and there's nothing getting in the way there.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 22 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi tallen65,

Thank you for getting back to us, I have been speaking to our technical support team, can I ask has your phone/ phones had a security update recently, there has been an update released 03/02/20  you can find out more around this  here , this seems to be affecting android 8 and above.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jt8361
Joining in
Message 23 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I've tried a factory reset on the router using a pin and the same issue exists on all android devices with different versions of android and security update.

This issue isn't present on other wifi networks, including other virgin media networks.

It is particular to my setup at home, and affects all android devices and resetting the hardware changes nothing so it seems to be related to the broadband being supplied to my home. How can I get help because calling support gets me nowhere...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
tallen65
Joining in
Message 24 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

Yes my phone is completely up to date, but I've had the same issue since before the update. It's not a major problem since it is only affecting a few apps and doesn't stop me accessing the internet - it's just frustrating not being able to resolve it. An engineer was sent out to me last weekend and she was also unable to figure out what the problem was.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 25 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi tallen65,

Thank you for coming back to me, I am sorry you are still having the same issue, Have you tried to do a pin reset to see if it is a possible software issue?

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos