Menu
Highlighted
jt8361
Joining in
Message 11 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Android devices have connection issues

Is there nothing else to check or try? Mine and my wife's phones don't work properly at home now because something changed with our wifi last week.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
tallen65
Joining in
Message 12 of 25
Flag for a moderator

It's a new router - Hub 3 - I only joined Virgin Media in October.  My phone is completely up to date.  No problem at all browsing the internet, just with some android apps having connection issue, and on my tablet constant pop ups saying "connected, no internet" which causes problems with apps, even though full wifi signal and able to browse internet no problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jt8361
Joining in
Message 13 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like we have the same issue. I got my Hub 3 in April
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 14 of 25
Flag for a moderator

If you can actually browse the internet successfully then the connection is basically working and so the error messages you are getting regarding 'Connected, no Internet' are incorrect and/or badly worded.

Now here's a thought, do you still have the websafe filtering turned on? I believe it is on by default when you first sign up. If it is enabled on your account then it might be possible that it's getting in the way of how some applications do syncing. Might be a red herring but probably worth checking.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jt8361
Joining in
Message 15 of 25
Flag for a moderator

My issues only started last week
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi tallen65 and jt8361.

Thanks both for getting in touch and apologies for the Wireless issues.

I've ran a background check on both and no issues are showing @jt8361 - are you having issues with just the android devices or others also?

@tallen65 - we do need a tech to visit as you're suffering from upstream levels out of spec. I'll PM you now to arrange the visit. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi @tallen65 - I've sent you the PM as agreed with the visit and how to reschedule the time if not a good slot. Let me know how the visit goes.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Highlighted
jt8361
Joining in
Message 18 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Thanks .@John_GS, just android as far as i can tell. I've tried to connect to deliveroo on 3 devices, it doesn't work on the 2 that are android, but does on an iPhone. I have several other app that can't login to their servers now also.

I will have a work android phone at home this evening so can test on that one too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 19 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi jt8361,

Thank you for coming back to us, once you have tried your works phone please let us know how you get on

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jt8361
Joining in
Message 20 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Same issue with a 3rd android phone, this one is Samsung on android9, the others are One Plus on android10

0 Kudos