cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An appointment since sep , no engineer team SHOW UP

Andrew1019
On our wavelength

Hello all, 

I hv no internet since 15 sep,2021. It is very frustrating to hear, during this 4 month i has been reschedule a thousand times , every appointment were 8am-1pm  or 8am-6pm . I has been very Patient to wait their engineer teams or contrition team come to repull the cable outside to Connet to my house. 

when every Estimate time almost end (like 3pm or 5pm ) i called their cs team . They all said the team still on the way to my house. However no one show up to fix on that day.than i call again very next day, no any reason to Explain to me. It is unacceptable for me and my family since moved in .

and the hopeless thing is no one to actually follow my case and no responsibility to VM. That is the most angry thing to me

in this time i use three sim card to connet company system barely able to working from home . Any one has solution and suggest for me to help ? Thank you.

21 REPLIES 21

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Cut your losses and sign up with a different provider that is capable of installing for you within a reasonable timeframe.

Report your (non)-installation experience here

https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

This won't do anything to help your individual situation but might help contribute to forming an overall picture of VM's chaotic installation processes.

Andrew1019
On our wavelength

Hi goslow,

my main problem is the previous house owner physicaly cut the cable outside the house, and VM Promise me to repull it.
i Believe another provider also has to be send a team and do the construction. 

Only VM will use the cut VM cable as VM has its own network.

What other connections do you have to the property (overhead phone lines for an old Openreach connection or a wall box from an old Openreach connection from underground)? What other connections do you have inside the property (old BT phone sockets etc.)

Have you put your address into one of the supplier checker websites (or a price comparison website) to see what you can get (am not advocating using BT specifically below but it will give you an idea of what you can get at your address)

https://www.bt.com/products/broadband/deals

Andrew1019
On our wavelength

Hi goslow,

Thanks all the advice .ofcoz i checked another Company before , some may not able to cover my place , some provide may too slow internet speed and the price are higher than the same speed. It is insane !!!

Well, you have the choice of a slower, but substantive, connection with another provider (assuming the speed is actually functional) or you can continue waiting for VM to deal with your cable issue.

You will find dozens (maybe into hundreds by now) of similar topics on 'Quick Start' where customers have been waiting for new cables to be installed, sometimes the wait lasts into many months.

If you have been waiting since September for a cable installation, that does suggest that VM aren't exactly prioritising you in their overall schedule of work.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Can you get a 4G or 5G signal? If so... see about getting a BB SIM deal. Three have some good deals on monthly unlimited use contracts. Smarty also use the Three Network and have monthly (unlimited data) contracts for £15-20/month.

This will tide you over until VM finally gets it act together

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Unfortunately OP is already using a Three SIM card in the interim (at #1) which is 'barely working'

I hv your same issue , i waiting for 4months

may i ask how to check with council ? 

[MOD EDIT: Post split from old thread to it's own. @Andrew1019 please keep to one thread so we can keep everything in one place]

Andrew1019
On our wavelength

May i ask how to check with council ? 
i live in coydon . I had check on website does’t see any premits about my house for this congestion issue. 
are VM cs team lie to me the premits thing on that whold time!!!