Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Amazon echo not connecting

Amazon echo not connecting to amazon WiFi but will connect to virgin WiFi, keeps advising WiFi not set up on this device any suggestions 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazon echo not connecting

Amazon WiFi?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I need to go to my WiFi thfn the amazon network should appear to press connect but sometimes shows connected then says no Internet access 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Are you setting a new echo up?

The Amazon WiFi is only for setting up a new device. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Don't see the problem here.   If it connects to VM wi-fi, that is what you want it to do.  If there is an Amazon connectoid (setting), simply delete it and connect via VM.  The notification will then disappear.  Set your VM connection as default on the Echo Dot.  It can't connect to something that doesn't exist, hence the notification.

https://www.alphr.com/smart-home/1007818/how-to-setup-amazon-echo-setup-wi-fi-problems 

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Just to confirm after it is set up through vm, I go to my settings and delete amazon? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes brand new 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You only connect to the amazon WiFi once when going through the setup process on the Alexa app.

Its not needed thereafter. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I get connected to my WiFi the amazon comes up connected then advises no Internet access which confuses me, so the speaker works but not with  my voice. Device says not connected to wifi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

During the setup process once connected to the amazon WiFi you go back to the app and finish off the setup and part of that setup is connecting it to your home WiFi connection. 

0 Kudos