Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Amazon Echo cutting out

We regularly have problems with our Amazon Echo device whereby the streaming music or radio stops mid-song.  Alexa continues to respond to requests, but there is no further music played until we reboot the Echo.  I suspect the TCP/UDP data is being lost or blocked somewhere in the network, and wondered if others are experiencing this and whether it is a Virgin Media problem?   We have to reboot Alexa 2 - 3 times a day at present.  Any help much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazon Echo cutting out

@pthatfunkymusic wrote:

We regularly have problems with our Amazon Echo device whereby the streaming music or radio stops mid-song.  Alexa continues to respond to requests, but there is no further music played until we reboot the Echo.  I suspect the TCP/UDP data is being lost or blocked somewhere in the network, and wondered if others are experiencing this and whether it is a Virgin Media problem?   We have to reboot Alexa 2 - 3 times a day at present.  Any help much appreciated.

What hub do you have?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 / VMDG505

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Could be an issue with the wireless signal.

Have you split the WiFi bands and chosen less congested channels for them?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There's no problem with the signal as the Echo / Alexa is happy to respond to everything we ask (to do this requires sending the data to AWS).  Alexa responds, but there's no music streamed.  FWIW - the channels are split and the Echo is only a few metres from the hub in direct line of sight, and we aren't in a congested WiFi area.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I had that a few times with my Echo's and I just reset them and they worked fine thereafter.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately this has been going on for months, so it's something a little more complicated than just a reset.  Perhaps the Echo itself is the problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have you already factory reset the Echo’s and rejoined them again?

Does it happen to singular devices or when playing Multi-Room Music?

0 Kudos