Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

All services gone

• I've lost all services, broadband, phone and TV. I've tried rebooting, been round and round the online tests using my phone. The hub is showing the solid green wireless icon and a flashing green bottom line which according to the help says there's a loose wire somewhere. I've triple checked every connection and it's all good and tight. What can I do?. Cant get through to anyone, none of the help pages help and nobody's responding on the complaint messaging. It's been nearly an hour now.

This was exactly what j was warned about when I joined virgin 😞 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: All services gone

What does the service status page show?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If I sign in and look it says there are no issues on broadband or phone buy there is a tv issue.

If I log out and check on my postcode it says there are 2 broadband issues, a tv issue and no phone issues although no it's back to saying there are no issues.

If I try and register against the issue it tells me to sign in bit as soon as I do it goes back to saying there is no issue. It's a joke. 

I've only been with virgin a month and after being sold an absolute pack of lies by the salesman I've now got no service 😞

It's very telling that the only call centres that appear to be open are the sales and the cancellations line 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I got given this number 01506804297 by the sales rep who's email I still have. After waiting half an hour to get through I got told there were no issues and I was being transferred to technical, I'd only need to wait 2 or 3 mins. Half an hour later I'm still waiting. This is horrific service 😞 

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What does it report on the 0800 number?

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre IS still picking up and calling at 08.00 gives the best chance of getting through quickly, although I got through recently in 20' at ~1pm midweek.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

the 0800 number says no faults in my area. The 0345 454 1111 when I call and go through the options eventually says the call centres are closed due to covid and check my.virgin/faults 😞 

I did eventually get through to someone at about 5 o clock after over an hour and a half on hold only to be told a virtual engineer will call me maybe tonight or tomorrow to go through some troubleshooting. I won't get my hopes up  😞 

Thanks for the info though 🙂

0 Kudos