cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All connectivity lost to Hub3

Data
On our wavelength

Hi,

Some time ago I had the hub 3 replaced due to problems, and I noted the PSU was not replaced. It's been fine since. However in the last week, I have experienced slow downs, with loss of internet to my wired machine at random after switching on. I changed cables, network card etc, to no avail. Plugging directly into the hub may, or may not work.

I've set factory defaults, and after it just happened again, I power cycled. No effect. Wifi, wired, and phone, all none functional, I couldn't even get to the hub itself to look for diagnostics. While I was running checks the hub rebooted, but while I now had access to the settings, the internet was off. I checked connections for tightness on the VM connectors. When I came back to my machine, I ran the hub diagnostic. Result was all ticks. What to do?

Oh, and my MAC list is still going AWOL.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Data,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so that we could look into this for you. As we discussed there, a technician visit has now been scheduled and booked.

I'm unable to confirm the date/time of the booking publicly, but this can be checked and managed via the My Virgin Media online account. It may not appear straight away, but after an hour or so it should update and show it.

A fault technician visit is free of charge unless one of the below instances apply:

•    You are not present for the technician visit.
•    The fault is due to your own equipment.
•    The fault is due to damage caused by yourself or someone at the premises which we were not aware of.
•    The fault is due to theft, loss, or removal of equipment.

If any of the above apply, there will be a £25 charge which will be added to the next monthly bill.

You can find more information about this here.

Let us know how the visit goes either way.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Report the service outage to Customer Support.on 150 or 0345 454 1111 from a non-VM phone.

If you have reset the Hub to the factory settings that would delete MAC Filter lists.

I suggest do not use MAC Filtering, every current laptop or mobile can bypass it in a blink.

Data
On our wavelength

Hi Client62,

The service isn't out. As I indicated above, the hub rebooted and it all worked.

The MAC filter lists disappear at random. It's from a previous post.

The MAC list stops my old servers and such gaining WAN access, It works perfectly when the list is present.

It did it again and I had to faff about to get network access just to make this post. When It happens, nothing works, not even the hub user interface can be reached. I power cycled the hub as I did before, then access to the hub interface is restored, but not the WAN.

At all times the network 'link up', and gigabit LEDs are lit. Loss of the user interface connection suggests the hub could be causing it.

When the connection works, It lasts all day without interuption, if I use it all day.

Here's the most recent log

:

07/10/2023 17:03:53criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
07/10/2023 15:30:43noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
07/10/2023 15:30:41Warning!LAN login FAILED : Incorrect Username / Password / ConnectionType;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
07/10/2023 15:28:20criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
07/10/2023 15:28:18Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
07/10/2023 15:27:19Warning!Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
07/10/2023 15:27:15criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
07/10/2023 15:27:15Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
07/10/2023 15:27:15criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
07/10/2023 15:27:14Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
07/10/2023 15:17:2criticalReceived Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
07/10/2023 15:13:8Warning!Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
07/10/2023 15:13:4Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
07/10/2023 15:13:4criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
07/10/2023 15:13:4Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
07/10/2023 15:13:4criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
07/10/2023 15:13:1Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
07/10/2023 15:12:3Warning!Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
07/10/2023 15:11:59criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
07/10/2023 15:11:59Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Data
On our wavelength

Latest is that WiFi was lost for extended period after last reboot. Got it back by enabling and disabling wifi, while changing channel from manual to auto and repeated applying.

Client62
Alessandro Volta

How about using the Hub in modem mode with a Wi-Fi Router - at least that way the MAC list would be on a item of kit you own and fully control.   Resets of the Hub would have less or little impact on your operation.

Data
On our wavelength

Does that guarantee the problem the hub seems to have will be worked around and no longer a problem, including the WAN? Seems odd to me to use 3rd party hardware to use as a crutch for a first party product that isn't behaving.

The MAC list wouldn't matter as long as it works, and using modem mode would suggest the external router being used as a DHCP pass through, with the hub as modem, still supplying IP addresses. That's how I usually did It, with 2 of the the old virgin 10/100 routers. The D-Link I think they were.

I was going to do that with another router for better WiFi coverage as the Hub 3 is useless in this regard.

To be more certain, I'm currently experimenting to see how things go in a changed configuration.

Client62
Alessandro Volta

If your Hub 3 were to fail it would be replaced, use a little imagination turn it off over night and at  8 am the following morning report is as failed, lights out, cold to the touch... 

Data
On our wavelength

I can think of much more inventive ways than dropping it to kill it off, with no evidence to show why it failed. However, that would be dishonest of me.

Switching off is pointless as the tech will simply check it and see it works. Hubs are not posted any more, a tech comes to change it.

Hello Data.

Sorry to jump in on your post.

I am happy to arrange a technician visit to swap the hub for you.

Please let me know if you want to go ahead with this.

Gareth_L

Data
On our wavelength

Hello Gareth,

No apology needed.

I noticed that when I'm logged into the hub interface via a cable, there are no wired connections shown. Only wireless. Quite odd.

Yes, that would be great, thank you.