cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa

AG93x
Joining in

My Alexa has stopped connecteing to wifi and when trying to connect it days wifi password is wrong which it isn’t. 

move spoken to Amazon customer service and solutions and have been advised to connected network provider as Alexa is able to connect to my personal mobile hotspot with no issues but will continue to fail to connect my VM wifi

7 REPLIES 7

david1235
On our wavelength

Try a total reset of the Alexa device.

This was already done. The Alexa works fine when connected to other internet devices just to the VM hub

Hi AG93x,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your Alexa isn't connecting Via WiFi, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and cannot see any issues at all, I can see other devices are connected Via WiFi, as it does like more like a device issue we would advise reaching out for support Via the Alexa Forums.

Regards

Paul.

Did you get this sorted? Exactly the same problem here 

g0akc
Problem sorter

What device is it?

Alexa is a service, not a device.

Is it a smart speaker?  Which one? Echo Dot?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Echo dot 5th gen

VM on a hub4

g0akc
Problem sorter

@Seh76 wrote:

Echo dot 5th gen

VM on a hub4

Okay.  Try;

• reset the echo dot
  • reset the app (delete from your device and reinstall)
  • re-enter wifi details
  • Try using the guest network

see these links

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GK84VTU42NKF2E8E

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/how-to-set-up-a-guest-network

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!