Menu
cooper28
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Alexa's can't connect to hub 4 internet

Since upgrading to hub 4, we have not been able to connect any of our amazon devices to the internet, both alexa, dot and fire stick. All when in set up mode 'search for device' via the app when setting it up and it can never find the devices or connect to the internet. This has been since moving to hub 4. 

When calling Amazon they recommended getting in touch with Virgin to check that the UDP ports are open and have been given a number numbers to open, which means nothing to me but we are unable to get through to virgin via phone, and it has been 3 weeks!!! 

Could anyone help with this issue or do you have the same problem? 

0 Kudos
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Alexa's can't connect to hub 4 internet

@cooper28 wrote:

When calling Amazon they recommended getting in touch with Virgin to check that the UDP ports are open and have been given a number numbers to open, which means nothing to me but we are unable to get through to virgin via phone, and it has been 3 weeks!!! 

Could anyone help with this issue or do you have the same problem? 

I doubt there's any issue with the UDP ports or if the VM helpline will get you very far with such an issue.   Our Echo Dots (Alexas) worked fine with our Hub 3 and straight away with our new D-Link Router - I suspect there must be something else going on.  

Check the SSID (network names) and look at splitting the bands, and changing the WiFi channel to start with.  A reboot or factory reset of the hub perhaps - process of elimination.

Are the Echo Dots near the hub ?  Move them to about 3M away and try.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
Hales
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Alexa's can't connect to hub 4 internet

I had my Hub4 installed everything worked.  Then all of a sudden my Amazon Echo started to just switch off.  
Drops connection and then says I can’t understand right now try later.  It’s happening every few minutes..

Worked perfect on my Hub3

0 Kudos