Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Air print not working

After no WiFi an engineer came out, fiddled and rebooted router, but now my HP printer AirPrint feature won’t work. I can only print via usb.

I reinstalled and it appeared for seconds, then no printer found.

Any ideas? 

thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Air print not working

Try this, it refines the wifi setup, it may help it may not but is worthwhile doing for your wifi management.

Advanced Settings > Wireless Signal > click ‘Disable Channel Optimization’ > Click ‘Apply Changes’.

Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security > Add 2 to the 2.4GHz Channel name > Add 5 to the 5 GHz Channel name > Click ‘Apply Changes’

You can leave the passwords the same as they are. 

Log out of the Hub.

You will need to reconnect all you WiFi devices some will want to connect to 5Ghz and some to 2.4GHz and some will connect to either.

2.4GHz is a stronger signal but slower than 5GHz so if you have problems on 5GHz change to 2.4GHz.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sukie46, thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with connecting your printer via WiFi.

Have you tried the advice given by MikeRobbo?  If so has it resolved your issue?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I did try but not really sure how to do it. 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry Sukie46.

Can I ask if you've tried 'forgetting the router' on your printer?  I know you've probably already tried the next one, but can you confirm you have held down the WPS button on the hub (if it's a Superhub 3) to enable your printer to find the hub?  Also is it possible to take your printer back to factory settings and then try to connect to your hub?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee, after re setting everything over the weekend I’ve managed to find my printer wirelessly. 

Thanks for your assistance, unsure why is stopped as it’s been working fine for several months.

Sue. 

0 Kudos