cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After upgrading to Hub 5 cutting off randomly

graham23s
Joining in

Hi Guys,

I just upgraded to the hub 5 from 3 a few weeks ago, Every night, it cuts off the internet for a minute or 2 and then reconnects, It's getting annoying now resets don't work anyone have any idea on the issue? This had never happened before.

Best regards

Graham

bets regards

Graham

9 REPLIES 9

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Is that a cut out at a specific or a random time ?

What devices suffer the cut out ?

Are they Wi-Fi or network cable connected ?

During the cut out is there any change in the Hub's lights ?

graham23s
Joining in

Hey,

It appears totally random, it happens on the desktop PC (wired) and the Firestick (wifi) the light appears the same on the router, I know it's offline as the websites I'm on "cannot connect ..." then sure enough at the bottom right on the desktop PC shows disconnected, within a minute or 2 I'm back online. is it just me? 🙂

cheers mate

Graham

Hi Graham,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some connection issues. 

I've had a look at things from our side, and everything looks to be within the specifications we would expect. I can see it's been some time since the hub was rebooted, are you able to do this and we can run a new test?

Alex_Rm

graham23s
Joining in

Hi Alex,

Just reset the modem, I'll post back if it happens again after the reboot. This happened to me a few years ago with an earlier hub, in the end, it just had to be replaced, I'm sure. The thing is, hub 3 was working fine before I put hub 5 in.

Best regards

Graham

Thanks for the update Graham,

Please keep us posted 🙂

Alex_Rm

graham23s
Joining in

Will do thanks, Alex 🙂

Graham

graham23s
Joining in

Update:

It's still the same, if anything, it's worse tonight, random cut-offs for about a minute every 30 minutes or so.

the test shows: https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/check-services/diagnostics/check

"Looks like there’s an intermittent signal issue in your area"

But it would show no issues while testing (if it's working) so not surprised there.

I'm not sure what this means, Are there problems or not? 🙂

Best regards

Graham

Hi @graham23s thanks for your reply, we're really sorry this is still happening for you.

Tests would indicate that the power levels to your Hub are slightly out of specifications but we can see the amount of disconnections you've had which exceed what we believe should be the case even with the levels being out a little.

With this in mind, please allow me to send you a PM so we can arrange a technician to look into things for you.

Kindly expect the PM to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @graham23s thanks for your reply via PM.

This is just a quick post to close things off publicly here - glad we're on the way to getting things sorted for you!
Any issues, please don't be shy to let us know, you're welcome also 😊

Many thanks

Tom_W