cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After replace Hub 5 VM Pods stopped working.

simsimbol
On our wavelength

After VM engineer replace foulty Hub 5 my VM Pods are stopped working I called customer service they kept telling me FMS department will called me back they will fix it but I still waiting.

I don't think VM customers service no knowledge how to connect my Pods?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When a new hub is ordered or swapped this is sent to the team automatically to provision the pods to the new router. It is a separate team and the customer service agents are not able to perform this request, but they'd need to raise this on the account for the team to work. 

My apologies if this was not done or if there was a delay in resolving this for you. We always take on board the feedback we receive so we can learn more about the areas we need to improve. We will certainly pass this information along to the relevant teams.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pods are paired to each Hub, so a change of Hub means the Pods need re-paired to the new one.

Call the equipment activation number they may be able to help. It's 0800 953 9500 and you will need the Hub serial number/MAC address from the barcode sticker, and your account number.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @simsimbol,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your WiFi Pods after your Hub was replaced.

As @Adduxi advised, the WiFi Pods need to be connected to the Hub. Please let us know how you get on getting in touch with our team to have the WiFi Pods set up. You can also set them up yourself through our WiFi Pod Troubleshooting page. Please take a look and let us know how you're getting on and if you need any more assistance. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Client62
Legend

Virgin Media engineers need a change of standard operating procedure to ensure before leaving a customer's home all VM Pods are re-paired to a replacement Hub & functioning correctly.

simsimbol
On our wavelength

VM engineer when he replace Hub 5 he should pairs all the same time new hub 5.

Customers service told me that cannot do it now it done same he replace the Hub.

Virgin media FMS department they support to call me back they have not Virgin media services going down hill customers service has no clue what they are doing.

They said they will send me the Pods and still waiting.

I found only way to use Pods you contact one Ethernet cable all start working old I'd.

Screenshot_20230625_114036_WiFi Analyzer.jpg

simsimbol
On our wavelength

Now customers service is saying old Pods are not compatible with Hud 5 even I Had Hub 5 before. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there, 

The Pods should now be compatible as this was an issue within the beginning.

Regarding Pods being ordered has this been completed?

Let us know,

Kain

simsimbol
On our wavelength

CEO office make call to activation department they connect my Hub 5 with in 1min.

So why customers service given run round?

Hi @simsimbol 

Really sorry to hear that there was a delay in getting this fully resolved for you. Glad to hear that the team has been able to fix the issue and that you're up and running again with your new Hub 5. 

If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Why customer service representative doesn't know when Hub is changed pods  need pairing with new Hub? Your  engineer should done same time.

Customer Service and engineers needed  training about this.