Menu
o0MattE0o
Dialled in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Advanced Network Search Removal

Can some one please tell me how to remove the Advanced Network Error Search, I have a work laptop that requires selected security software which include a proxy filter.

when browsing to the following link Advanced Network Error Search (virginmedia.com) on my home PC I can bypass yes bypass and not switch off because that is what this link will do, how do I know this well if I have already turned this off on my account according to your support pages, how come when using my work laptop and trying to access internal sites that use just a DNS name I get this stupid service?

if I wish to search for some thing I will use Bing or Google.

So my question is how do I 100% remove this feature from my account so it never ever interferers with my system? 

*I know why Virgin Media have this revenue making feature, paid for by yahoo but please give use the option to 100% fully bypass it and it never ever show up.

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Advanced Network Search Removal

Change your DNS and put the hub into modem mode with your own router

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
o0MattE0o
Dialled in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

yes that is a work around but I should not have to change my DNS as this creates issues when I go into the office... we should have the option to disable this so called feature.

And I don't want to run another device when not needed

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

OK
You asked how to 100% remove it and that's the answer

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@o0MattE0o wrote:

And I don't want to run another device when not needed

Then change the DNS on the given PC/laptop/phone

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
kpanchev
Dialled in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

You need to be aware that any changes on the DNS redirect (which is what this service does) will take a few hours to propagate through the DNS network. Normally 4 hours, can happen sooner but also later.

0 Kudos
o0MattE0o
Dialled in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

like stated when on Home PC the service is off but for some reason when using my work proxy the see me not on virgin so automatically turn it back on. as for DNS replication this service was turned off when it was first introduced so a good few years 🙂 should be long enough.

I just need virgin to stop playing around with proxy servers, or stop redirecting ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Have you disabled websafe as well?

0 Kudos
edent
Superfast
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problem. Eventually Virgin will get in touch with you and say they're looking into it. After a couple of weeks you'll chase them up, and they'll try again.

I suggest raising a formal complaint, get them to issue a deadlock letter, then complain to the ombudsman. That's what I'm planning on doing.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@edent wrote:

I'm having the same problem. Eventually Virgin will get in touch with you and say they're looking into it. After a couple of weeks you'll chase them up, and they'll try again.

I suggest raising a formal complaint, get them to issue a deadlock letter, then complain to the ombudsman. That's what I'm planning on doing.

Did you respond to Martin's PM as per your other thread?

0 Kudos