Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Advanced Network Error Search strikes again

Virgin, I see so many posts about this over several years. Up until yesterday morning I was able to reach a web page behind my work VPN. Now I can’t. ANES intercepts it and won’t let me connect. I hit the No radio button selecting yo turn off ANES and it tells me it’s already off.

I’ve cleared my cache, restarted my browser, rebooted my laptop, rebooted my router, and tried a different laptop, all with same result. What is going on?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Advanced Network Error Search strikes again

Hi there @Disgruntled1970 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delay in response. We are very busy at the moment and doing all we can to get to each community post ASAP. 

Are you still having troubles with your work VPN?  

Let us know if you're still needing help 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hollie

Thanks for the response. I am still having problems, but I do have a workaround at the moment using the FQDN of the sites that Virgin’s DNS is hijacking. I would still like this fixed. 

thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Disgruntled1970 

Thanks for your reply. Glad to hear you have found a work around. Have you spoken to your work IT department about this issue? Is using the VPN the only issue you're having with the hub at the moment? 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have spoken to my work, yes. I have read on the community that this does not appear to be an isolated incident. There seem to be lots of people struggling with this "feature". 
I have ruled out a VPN client issue by tethering my laptop to my phone on T Mobile, and the problem goes away. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Change your DNS and try again.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Tried that, it worked once, but that seemed to be a fluke, as it reverted pretty quickly, and then failed to resolve it the next time I changed it. 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Disgruntled1970 wrote:

Tried that, it worked once, but that seemed to be a fluke, as it reverted pretty quickly, and then failed to resolve it the next time I changed it. 

What reverted ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The issue still continued

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Once I changed to Google Public DNS the stupid ANES stopped immediately because it doesn't work outside the Virgin DNS.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos