Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Advanced Network Error Search (ANES) opt out

Hi

I am having trouble with the advanced Network Error Search hijacking my DNS. I have clicked NO and it will not OPT Out.

Is anyone else having this issue (internet went off in the night and it was fine until then but was jammed after rebooting modem).

The OPT OUT option on the virgin media ANES page says I am already opted out. Not able to get through to anyone at VM via chat or phone to resolve.

Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Advanced Network Error Search (ANES) opt out

Check the advice >> HERE <<.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you but i have been to that page before....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Try changing your Domain Name Server 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 seem to be the favourites.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply. Were not able to change the domain settings as its not allowed for our email server and wouldnt work.

I have been trying the webchat and ringing  Virgin Media and getting nowhere.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Have a read of this >> Thread <<, it may give you a few tips.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. looks like others are having the same issues without success. 

I have been trying to ring VM all day and constantly getting cut off. Such a poor service its un-ture.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Having exactly the same issue, and see many posts on this over several years. Seems to be erratic as it’s not all accounts, but it seems to keep happening. Try and disable it and it tells you it already is. Incredibly annoying. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Apple 1803

I had the same issue with ANES telling me I was already opted out. I have just done the following and it seems to have fixed it.

I logged into my router, removed the config to take DNS from Virgin automatically, it had given me 194.168.4.100 and .8.100 as primary and secondary.

I manually configured those to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and saved. Cleared my browser cache. Then went back into my router and enabled auto DNS again. Bumping the DNS in that fashion seems to have fixed my issue in internet explorer, partially. Need to do some more testing. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Disgruntled1970 wrote:

Hi Apple 1803

I had the same issue with ANES telling me I was already opted out. I have just done the following and it seems to have fixed it.

I logged into my router, removed the config to take DNS from Virgin automatically, it had given me 194.168.4.100 and .8.100 as primary and secondary.

I manually configured those to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and saved. Cleared my browser cache. Then went back into my router and enabled auto DNS again. Bumping the DNS in that fashion seems to have fixed my issue in internet explorer, partially. Need to do some more testing. 

No good if you’re not running your own router though 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos