Menu
ACHove
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Additional wifi booster

• I live in a 3 storey house with a hub3 in the lounge on ground floor and 1 VM’s own wifi booster in my son’s bedroom on first floor. This works fine, I get 200mbps on both floor but speed is slow on the top floor and connection regularly drops.

i am trying to order an additional wifi booster but it seems impossible to get through to VM either on the phone and do not seem to offer web chat !??. How do I go about it?

Many thanks in advance

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Additional wifi booster

afaik they are no longer available - try here

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

the new thing is pods - https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/intelligent-wifi-pods-existing-customer

again afaik they are £5 a month - you can have up to 3 - no idea if that then becomes £15 - they are free if you are on the 1gig package or the top range package - again talk to retentions - i think the deal is you return the boosters and get the new pods to replace them

they only work with the hub3 and the hub4

Tony
0 Kudos