Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Adding WiFi boosters to the App

I’ve received WiFi boosters from virgin and installed them a few weeks ago using the instructions they came with. All seems fine with that. I tried yesterday to scan my house for blackspots (having lots of connectivity issues with the hub at present) and the app says it can’t scan in rooms upstairs because the WiFi is connected to an unrecognised device (the booster came from virgin). I’ve tried to add the boosters in the app but it keeps saying something is wrong and it can’t access them - thinks there’s no power which there is. Any ideas? Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Adding WiFi boosters to the App

Have you cloned the hubs ssid to the booster . Or have you got 2 separate networks ?

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

To check coverage and wifi speeds, a quick walkthough the house running a speedtest app on your phone will give you a decent idea of where you can and can't get signal.

Thanks,

Dean M

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If the boosters are installed and working why are you scanning the same room again with the app?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I believe I cloned them to the hub as per the instructions that came with them. But I’m still getting some dropout in the room I wanted to improve. The larger booster is plugged in outside the room I want to improve (plugged in on a small landing). I tried to scan the room again using the virgin connect app as my daughter works in there a lot on her uni work and we have a sky digi box in there for tv too. It’s so frustrating I’m paying extra each month for these boosters and still having issues. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you’re paying £3 per month for them (to rent then) you may as well put £36 (which is what they would cost you per year) towards a better system like a mesh system.  

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos