Menu
Adinther
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

'Activated' but still red light on Hub 4

Hello all,

Last week I recently added Gig1 broadband to my existing phone package. Yesterday I received the Hub 4, and proceeded to follow the setup guide as instructed. After connecting everything and turning on the Hub 4 it produced a static white light for about a minute. Then a flashing white light for around 4 or 5 minutes, before promptly turning a solid red. Using my phone, I could see the network name show up on my wi-fi list. However, after connecting and typing in the password it says 'connected, no internet'. I also had no luck with an ethernet cable. It was late, so I turned the Hub 4 off and left things for the morning.

Thanks to these forums I discovered that I probably needed the line 'activated'. So this morning I called the relevant number, and after following instructions an automated message stated that it has now activated. I also received a text message stating that VM have "sent the signal to your home & everything's ready for you, so you can set up your kit."

However, after turning on the Hub 4, I see the same sequence of solid white light (starting up), flashing white light (booting up) and then solid then red. I proceeded to hold the reset button on the back of the Hub 4. After about 10 seconds the red light went off. I still continued to hold the button for around a minute as I was presented with the same light sequence of white, flash white and then red.

I decided to check the 'service status' for faults in my area, but it says "Broadband - No known issues". After following a troubleshooting guide on my phone, it has lead me here to "Ask our awesome community". So any help or guidance with my broadband issue would be most appreciated.

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
Danny08
Tuning in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: 'Activated' but still red light on Hub 4

Hello,

Thank you for this information.

The best option would be contact the Customer Care : team a call on 150 from your Virgin Media Phone or from your Mobile, call 0345 454 1111 – Select option 2.
0 Kudos