cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally cut internet cable outside

Pingu1357
Joining in

Accidentally cut a green cable with a thin blue wire inside about around 8cm under our front garden and now my internet is gone. We've got a technician booked for Tuesday but not sure if we should inform them that it's a problem with the outside cable incase they need something else to fix it? 

2 REPLIES 2

carl_pearce
Community elder

@Pingu1357 wrote:

Accidentally cut a green cable with a thin blue wire inside about around 8cm under our front garden and now my internet is gone. We've got a technician booked for Tuesday but not sure if we should inform them that it's a problem with the outside cable incase they need something else to fix it? 

If the cable is accessible the engineer will attempt to 'patch' the it until a new one can be run by a different team.

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Pingu1357,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your cut cable looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some anxiety for you. 

Just like Carl_Pearce mentioned already, the engineer will pop a temporary measure/repair in place and they should book a prepull appointment for a later date to have the cable repulled and repaired fully. 

If you have any issues with this after the engineer visit today please let us know.

Thanks,

Megan_L