Menu
force9da
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Access denies errors on multiple sites

So I've been having this issue for 3 days now there are certain websites that i cant access like ebay.co.uk, ikea.com, next.co.uk as well as playstation.com and psn, this is across multiple devices i just get an access denied cant access on this server error, i can access these sites using my mobile data and also if i put my router into modem mode i can access them, however modem mode is not a viable alternative because i lose wifi and only one device can be connected.  I have spoken to VM on about 6 occasions the last couple of days and they are still no closer to sorting it out, I spoke to the 2nd line faults team yesterday and she said they were aware of an issue where certain sites are getting blocked but was unable to offer an explanation why, Ive had to call 3 times alone today in ques for ages only for them to hang up because they dont have a clue how to solve your problem, customer service team are a farce, somebody better sort this out or just cancel my package and ill go with a different provider.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Access denies errors on multiple sites

Try changing your DNS to see if it resolves the issue

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
force9da
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

tried that, still the same, on the phone again now to them.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Did you clear your DNS cache as well?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
force9da
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

certainly did, still no difference, im on hold now waiting for the 2nd line faults team to pick up.

0 Kudos
force9da
Tuning in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Just got through to 2nd line faults team she asked for my name then she hung up, been on the phone over 3+ hours in total to them, they are an absolute joke just gonna go ahead and cancel now, not worth the hassle.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

If you're still within your fixed term you won't be able to cancel penalty free

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like your IP address has been blocked by the specific hosting providers of the sites you are trying to visit, you would be better off talking to those and not Virgin as it's not VM that is blocking your connection.

VM can change your WAN IP, but good luck trying to get them to do that, it would probably be easier to say your hub is faulty and requesting a new one which will then give you a different MAC and therefore IP.

0 Kudos
force9da
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I have spoke to ebay and playstation about it, everything is fine their end no problems with my accounts etc, VM are aware of an issue because the lady who I spoke to yesterday said they have had multiple complaints for the same reason she also said they were investigating the matter, however after speaking to no less tan 5 different VM customer service reps today, they didnt have a clue how to help so they just hang up.  They really are a Joke.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like a routing issue - it happens every now and then.

What results do a ping and tracert yield?

0 Kudos