Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Access Denied

Hi there, today my broadband was on/off all day long, however now it has been off for several hours. The service status shows no faults, and i tried the phone number found on other posts for a more local service check and still no faults. The lights on my hub3.0 are green and it occasionally switched to a solid white base light with a flashing red internet light, but then goes back to all green after a few seconds. When logging in to the hub, the internet status shows as “access denied”. i have checked all cables are tight, and the tv signal coming from the splitter is also fine. Can anyone help please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Access Denied

Cable Modem StatusItem Status Comments

Acquired Downstream Channel (Hz)
Ranging
Ranged Upstream Channel (Hz)
Update in progress
undefined
Provisioning State
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Downstream bonded channels

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) SNR (dB) Modulation Channel ID

12270000001.736256 qam12

Downstream bonded channels

Channel Locked Status RxMER (dB) Pre RS Errors Post RS Errors

1Locked36.340
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Network Log

Time Priority Description

01/01/1970 00:32:13criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:31:58criticalDHCP FAILED - Discover sent, no offer received;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:30:38criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:29:55criticalDHCP FAILED - Discover sent, no offer received;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I don't know whether it is a typo but you are only showing 1 Downstream Channel - we expect to see 24.

This will need an engineer to put right.

You can either call in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pingujames1990,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I have looked into your services on my side and can see there is an area outage due to an SNR issue which is estimated to be fixed by 26th Nov 2020 09:30am.

Please come back to us on this date to ask for an update on the area outage, if you're still having an issue even after the outage has been fixed, we will be more than happy to continue looking into this. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos