cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutly dreadful customer service!! And wifi pods not working...

Richieb75
Joining in

Had the 1gb VM broadband now for a while, when i signed up they said that i could have three wifi pods on my account for free due to having the 1gb package and spending a smal lfortune for internet each month..

Had one wifi pod connected next to the sky Q box and plugged directly in via ethernet cable as the main hub doesnt get great signal there (hub is upstairs in the office).

Over the last few months i have noticed the wifi pod pretty much completely drops it;s download speed, upload is fine.  Do a full reset/reboot and it gets back on track, if i plug my ipad in via etherent i get approx 450mbps download, after a week or two this drops right down to 0.07mbps, which makes using the sky q box impossible.

test.JPG

I called VM and asked for a replacement wifi pod to be sent out to me, by the way, the main hub has continued to work flawlessly, every time i run a speed test it is always over 900mbps.

VM said they would send a new pod and i should wait for a message from Yodel.... on eweek later and nothing.

Called V back and spoke to someone else, they said the other person had never actioned anything and never sent a replacement pod, I was a bit **bleep** at being outright lied to by VM customer services!!

The second person i spoke wasnt very helpful either, seeming to not get the idea that all i wanted was a replacement wifi pod sent out, after all i was told when signing up that i could have three if i wanted!

He kept saying i needed to reboot this that and the other, and that an engineer visit was needed, which it isnt... the hub 4 in my office has performed perfectly, everything else that is connected to it is still working perfectly fine, it's just the wifi pod that keeps failing.  Eventually, after three quarters of an hour i agreed to once again reboot my router and he would watch it??  then send me another wifi pod via yodel.  I would get a message from yodel and it would be delivered within 3 days, and that i wouldnt need to call back..

Well that was Saturday and it's now thursday, i'd say that was more than three days...

And guess what, wifi pod has stopped working, the pic i posted above was a speed test i did with my ipad plugged in via ethernet.  And my SkyQ box wont play any apps as the wifi signal is too weak.....

VERY upset with VM, having two virgin media customer services representatives outright lie to me about what they said they were going  to do, they may as well have just said "yeah get off the phone, we don't f****ng care!"

TOOB full fibre are currently in my area putting in their infrastrucrure as this very moment, offering downloads of up to 900mbps, and most likely at a cheaper rate!

Will give VM one more opportunity to put this right, or will be cancelling and moving to TOOB.

£52 a month for a 0.07mbps connection to my Sky Q tv.....

test.JPG

8 REPLIES 8

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Richieb75

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your WiFi speeds.

We recommend the pods are plugged in approximately half way between the hub and the area that you are experiencing signal issues. 

Could you please turn off all Powerline adapters/pods, turn them back on, wait for them to sync then retry the connection.

If the issue continues when switched back on, please let us know what colour is the plug light?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Already rebooted the wifi pod and the hub, works for a day or two then the download bottoms out at less than 0.1mbps...

From what i can remember the light mostly pulses white, i am not rebooting the wifi pod and hub every day just to keep it working, it's clearly faulty.

As you can see from the pic i posted above, the connection between the wifi pod and the hub is fine, otherwise i would not have a 50+mbps upload speed.

Best guess ack suppression is messed up with the firmware causing slow download triggered by something.

---------------------------------------------------------------

i get the impression it was overheating, it always felt really hot when i pulled it out the plug socket.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Many apologies for the issues faced Richieb75,

Just to clarify on the replacement order, was this never delivered via Yodel? 

As that can also play a part in the current Pod potentially losing full connection.

Let us know,

Kain

No, Yodel never delivered a replacement pod, both of your customer services representatives outright lied when they said they would send one out...

Client62
Legend

Reading this it is hard not to think a WiFi repeater bought in a retail would cost little and be so much easier to configure and manage.

That the VM WiFi pods may be inclusive is worth nothing when time after time they fail.

I would love to take a closer look into this @Richieb75 so will pop you a PM now 📩

Hope to hear from you soon 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs