Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Absolutely horrendous

I have had little to NO wifi for the past 11 days, this is horrifying. My son and daughter are both in school and NEED wifi to work.

While I am aware that fewer employees are available to pick up my calls, this is absolutely outrageous. So far, I have called virgin media on 4 different instances waiting up to 40mins for each call, eventually, those who did open redirected me to the technical team who did not open at any time, each call has lasted around an hour at least individually. My wifi is not working AT ALL. I have checked the service status option around 10 times and each time the same thing is indicated to me: to check my wires (nothing wrong there). Therefore, this seems to be the only way I can communicate with virgin media. I am very UNHAPPY with this service. When I do get through to the company I will be asking for a reimbursement of this months bill and I am even considering leaving the company. Please contact me or sort out this issue ASAP.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Absolutely horrendous

Please keep to your existing thread

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/No-WiFi-green-flashing-hub-3-0/m-p/4464088#...

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Deniz,

The customer service is awful. The phone line will often disconnect between 50-75 mins according to posts on social media and these forums. It looks like if you make it past that point you may be able to get through between 90-120 mins of hold which is obviously totally unfeasible. On these forums the wait time for a response is about 5-7 days. Which doesn't leave with you many options...you're in the same basket as hundreds of others with a fault that can't be fixed or even reported.

If you're dissatisfied you have the option to file a complaint. They have 8 weeks to respond to your complaint and following that you can appeal or take it further to CISAS or another independent adjudicator. I'd recommend filing a complaint partly because it's seemingly the only way to put on record what's going on and also because these complaints (and whether they're successfully resolved) do form part of OFCOM's annual report which affects what Virgin can say about their service. 

Working from home and needing a stable connection to do a job puts such an added pressure on people at a really difficult time and it's incredibly frustrating when you can't get a response. Good luck.

Tilt is the Peoples Champion - MikeRobbo
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have had the same issue. took 4 days and over 6 hours today to finally speak with someone, who claimed I was the first person to report the fault which is a network fault!  IM NOT CONVINCED . 

I then asked to be put through to disconnections team I waited another 30 mins got through to some in the UK and they arranged an engineer to visit next week and also raised a network fault. 

in total ive lost the will to live my marbles and my kids are avoiding me like the plague! lets hope its is a network issues... and fixed before next Monday as I feel for the poor s o d chosen to visit me.!

Im in Leeds if that helps 

Tags (2)
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your advice I’ll be sure to issue a formal complaint for the lack of service and customer support!

On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I totally relate to your frustration! This is just so aggravating and horrible. If I were you, I would ask for this months bill to be reimbursed. You can try contact them through messages at 07533051809 although they won’t reply immediately. Many have gotten back to me in the 24hour window period so I guess there’s that. Though they won’t do much but just let you know about service issues and that ‘they can’t do anything’.

0 Kudos