cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely atrocious service and support

kaiba121321
Joining in

So this goes back to when I ordered my package and was supposed to receive a hub 5, and the technician installed a hub 4 instead and no one on here, or at Virgin CS seemed to give the slightest crap really, just a "they're probably out of stock and you'll get one when they're available" which isn't really how buying something works... you get what you pay for, not something else.

But to add to that now, at 10pm last night or maybe earlier, my Internet went off, I'm not sure if it was at 10 or earlier because I am a night owl, this also means I was up ALL night with no Internet, I also have ADHD combined with other disabilities that mean I'm stuck inside without assistance from friends so my Internet is vital to me. I call this morning to get it fixed and am engineer is coming out TOMORROW morning... oh nice so I'm stuck here without Internet which I use literally all day every day, till probably like 10am tomorrow if I'm lucky.

Also when I contacted about this, I was told they would install a hub 5 and I "should have no more problems"... If the problem is the Hub 4, with the hell I raised about it being installed to begin with, I'll be one fault away from going back to BT. People like to talk a lot of crap about BT but they gave me reliable consistent service for over 8 years, probably over 10 tbf, I've been here a while at this point... and then Virgin, I have 2 faults in a few months...

Not to mention when I accidentally missed a bill because of memory issues, they tried to bleed me dry over the phone like a bunch of debt collectors, "if you can pay X we can ensure your service isn't cut off"... lovely. When I had issues like this with BT they just delayed my payment to when I was asking without me having to tell them 50 times that I HAVE NOTHING! Because accidents happen and BT listened when they happened.

Overall, really not impressed with Virgin, I never felt like writing a rant for BT like this in all the years I was with them and yet Virgin have managed it in a few months. Also any formatting issues in this post are thanks to having to write it on my phone, something I'm not used to doing, so thanks again Virgin for that too. Even when trying to lodge a complaint over the phone, there seems to be no actual way to, they don't care about passing on a complaint to anyone that can do anything about it.

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What speed connection have you got?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Next day engineer visit! That's great service 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Generally speaking your complaints about VM are justified, it's just the way they treat their customers. 

BUT to get a technician visit the very next day is not bad going - they are not obliged to respond so quickly and many faults take much longer to get fixed.

I hope your problem has been promptly sorted. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Kaiba121321,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about your service. 

Can you confirm if the service is now back up and running for you?

^Martin