Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Aarrgghhhhh!!!

Can someone please advise me on how to book an engineer? I've been a new customer now for 2 weeks ish and my internet is intermittent I've done everything asked of me. And it's a nightmare! I'm very close to cancelling my subscription  no one answers on the 150 number and I'm trying to work from home and struggling with the signal I do get. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Aarrgghhhhh!!!

Intermittent in what way?

Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

wireless isn’t covered under the speed guarantee so you won’t get an engineer

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that Gina. It's hugely frustrating when you're trying to work from home.

You won't get much help here apart from being told you're "not guarenteed a wireless connection" and to try a wired connection and/or reset the router. Which is of course complete nonsense.

I would seriously suggest persisting with trying to get hold of customer service despite the ridiculous wait times. You may be holding for several hours to get through.

Remember though if you just switched to Virgin Media - you mention two weeks ago - you are coming to the end of your cooling off period. As frustrating as it is, it may be worth cancelling your contract and finding a new provider. A quick scroll through this forum shows many people with the same problem not getting fixed and your chances of getting through to someone within a week are remote.

Tilt is the Peoples Champion - MikeRobbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Tilt wrote:
Sorry to hear that Gina. It's hugely frustrating when you're trying to work from home.

You won't get much help here apart from being told you're "not guarenteed a wireless connection" and to try a wired connection and/or reset the router. Which is of course complete nonsense.

I would seriously suggest persisting with trying to get hold of customer service despite the ridiculous wait times. You may be holding for several hours to get through.

Remember though if you just switched to Virgin Media - you mention two weeks ago - you are coming to the end of your cooling off period. As frustrating as it is, it may be worth cancelling your contract and finding a new provider. A quick scroll through this forum shows many people with the same problem not getting fixed and your chances of getting through to someone within a week are remote.

It's not nonsense at all. It's part of the contract and speed guarantee.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Its the standard opening question because the OP rarely posts that info first time. If connections are fine on wired connection then people can advise on options for improving the wifi connections. If both are problematic then we can ask to see the Hub data and troubleshoot that to see if there is an obvious problem on the VM network connection.

To OP - remember you only have 14 days in which to cancel the service without getting subjected to huge early disconnection fees.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.