Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

ASUS Zen WiFi AX XT8 vs DHCP

Hi,

im wondering if anyone can help me. 
I have a Virgin Hub 3 and I am trying to use an ASUS Zen WiFi AX XT8 router with it. 

I have followed the instructions and put the hub into modem mode. I have then followed the instructions for setting up the router. So far, so good...

But....

The router is unable to connect to the internet and it gives the cause as an issue with the ISP’s DHCP settings.

I’ve had a Virgin engineer out today to check the hub and a laptop can connect to the internet fine via a cable into the back of the hub in modem mode. 

However, neither he nor I could find any settings on the hub to change the DHCP settings. 

Can I ask if anyone has experienced anything similar, and / or if anyone can help me resolve this please?

Thanks

Ben

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: ASUS Zen WiFi AX XT8 vs DHCP

Hello

Once the hub is in modem only mode, power off the router and hub.

Make sure that only the router is connected to the hubs Ethernet port the one closest to the power cable.

Power on the hub and wait until the light stabilize the bottom light on the hub should be magenta although can look like it is red and no other lights turned on.

Then power on your router once the router lights have stabilized you should be good to go.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well that’s just frustratingly simple!

All sorted. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

Your welcome, if you have any more queries by all means come on back to the forum we do have a great team of VM staff members, VIPs and normal customers with a great deal of knowledge. Stay safe and have a great afternoon.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You've got an Asus ZenWifi AX XT8?

Even though my trusty and inexpensive TP-Link Deco M4 meets all of my needs and can max out my 200 Mbps connection anywhere in the house, I am absolutely green with envy.

0 Kudos