Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

ADVANCED NETWORK SEARCH ERROR

I have the Advanced Network Search switched off, yet it has been switched On again (not by me) and I have checked that in the setting we are made to believe it controls it, it is "Off".

Can the technical support switch this off, please. I do not want it. I would be useful as well that the setting actually works. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Change your DNS away from the Virgin Media defaults.

Change your DNS away from the Virgin Media defaults.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change your DNS away from the Virgin Media defaults.

Thank you for the suggestion, but really it is VM who should stop doing the DNS hijacking.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@hal_9000 wrote:

Thank you for the suggestion, but really it is VM who should stop doing the DNS hijacking.

As mentioned on another thread; you are paying to use their service. If it was an option that you couldn’t opt-out of and was part of the terms of use you’d have to use it.

Or change your DNS manually on your side as already suggested as a workaround.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hm... I do not follow... there is a setting that should allow the users to switch off DNS hijacking. The "detail" is that it is set to OFF but it does not work, so it seems only reasonable to expect that the service one pays for actually works. Anyway, once In the past they did switch it off when I asked in these forums, so the non-working switch has not been fixed for a very long time.
0 Kudos