A vm engineer has sent me a WiFi pod which isn’t compatible with a Hub 4

Benhuclark
Joining in

Is it possible to have an upgrade to a hub 5? I have a 350mb connection

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What is your reason for thinking the Pod is not compatible with the Hub 4? 

Also you do not need a Hub 5 for the 350 Tier, they are usually for the 1Gb Tier.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Adduxi, thanks for your reply. I’ve installed the vm connect app and when I try to set my Wi-Fi pod it says “Your hub isn’t supported. To install Wi-Fi pods you need one of our latest hubs please head to the support area to upgrade yours” I was hoping not to upgrade my connection just my hub. Are the Wi-Fi pods a mesh system. I guess my only other is to buy my own?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Pods are compatible with the Hubs 3, 4 and 5.  I've  no idea why the Connect app would think otherwise as I don't use it and never intend to.   Also you can't use the Pods if you are in modem mode, as they need the Hub to be as "out of the box" settings.

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset on the Hub 4  as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible. NOTE this will remove any custom settings you may have set in the Hub, and they will all have to be setup again.

Also try calling the equipment activation number they may be able to help. It's 0800 953 9500 and you will need the Hub/Pods serial number/MAC address from the barcode sticker, and your account number.

Failing all this, just wait here a couple of days for a VM Mod to pick this up and discuss with your directly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Benhuclark
Thank you for your post and I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your pods. Did @Adduxi's advice help? I can see you have rebooted recently. Please keep us posted. 
Thanks,

Zoie