cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A couple of wifi problems

Bri_G
Fibre optic

I am having issues my hub 3 with the wifi dropping 5 or 6 times a day. The router stays online and when the wifi drops out I can still connect to the internet via ethernet connection. Everything on wifi disconnects, 360 box, laptop, phones and even the wifi pod. It lasts a couple of minutes and then comes back on. This is very frustrating particularly when streaming films or working from home. I did see another post that suggested turning off channel optimisation and using fixed channels which has been working but the wifi pod wont reconnect. A further post explains that the wifi pods need to have channel optimisation enabled for them to work.

So I either have constant dropouts but no deadspots, or stable wifi in some rooms and no wifi in the others because the pod wont connect.

I think the problem lies with the hub.

16 REPLIES 16

Client62
Legend

For our Hub 3 the following settings are giving a stable Wi-Fi service

Wireless Security

Client62_1-1689525771758.pngClient62_0-1689525728997.png

I have seen this thread before and I have done it but the wifi pod doesn't connect without channel optimisation enabled so I have dead spots in various rooms. If I enable channel optimisation you can't manually choose channels, the pod connects but wifi drops several times a day.

Client62
Legend

VM Pods. How did I miss that critical piece of baggage.

Hey Bri_G, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear about this.

I have taken a look and all your levels are looking really good and healthy.

With your pod please try these steps;

Unplug any Ethernet cables attached to the router and wait at least 30 seconds, then plug them back in. Plug the router's power cable back into the outlet. Plug the modem back in and wait until the modem has finished powering on. Wait at least 2 minutes for your Pods' LEDs to stop blinking.

How has the internet been over the last few days? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matthew,

The wifi has been stable since I started using fixed channels and turned off channel optimisation, but the pod won’t connect like that. If I turn channel optimisation back on, the pod connects but all wifi drops 5 or 6 times a day. 

Okay, does it work better without the pod?

If it works without a pod, it might be worth not using the pod as this could make it worst.

Have you also done the above steps?

Please can you also post your BQM here, Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Unplug any Ethernet cables attached to the router and wait at least 30 seconds, then plug them back in. Plug the router's power cable back into the outlet. Plug the modem back in and wait until the modem has finished powering on.

What modem?

Bri_G
Fibre optic

My Broadband Ping - 200723-1642

Thanks for coming back to us Bri_G, I have looked into this and cannot see anything that would be causing the issues that you're experiencing.

Have you been able to try your connection without the pod as my colleague suggested in the previous post?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L