Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

A change to my hubs internet light display show.....

Hello, 

A quick question. 

My hub (Its an older one a Netgear 'Super hubs' ) used to display the top blue flashing light. A static central yellow light and a flashing when net traffic encountered..

I think that's right. It's one of those things I really never quite paid attention to, to be honest.

Following a recent loss of internet and Virgin phone recording saying an engineer was on the case ( I now have my internet connection back)  I no longer have any blue top light, flashing or otherwise. A static middle yellow light and a flashing bottom yellow light when internet traffic is encountered.

Has my Hub received an 'upgrade' following the recent outage or is it ready to expire?

I just wondered.... ??

Hey ho, many thanks, 

Lee.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: A change to my hubs internet light display show.....

If you want a newer Hub, you could try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3's.

If you get the - "Ooops - please call" message, then come back here for more assistance.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: A change to my hubs internet light display show.....

Hello John,

Thank you for your reply.

I have considered this 'Free' upgrade. But whilst this present wretched Covid 19 is still so prevalent and whilst everything (Touchwood) is working well, I am loath to start tinkering about with my set up. I have, I believe, also have to commit to another twelve month 'contract' too. I am presently on my rolling monthly commitment....  

Lee

0 Kudos