cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9pm Broadband

Mossgielcath
Tuning in

Hi, does anyone else have problems with their WiFi around 9pm every night? I can be alone in the house watching TV and suddenly, at around 9pm streaming becomes difficult and almost impossible. Phone wifi is always okay but TV apps just don't stream. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Are you a neighbour of this OP? https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Please-help-Super-slow-speed-post-9pm-every-night/m-p/542...

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can we check… are your issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

Lopts of things can "kill" your wifi signal... our Panasonic microwave oven shuts ours off.. its restored upon the "ping".  Many posts over the years have found many reasons.  My favourite was one whose wifi dropped out at 7pm every evening.  Turned out it coincided with the street light outside his house switching on 😎

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John, thanks for your reply. No ethernet cables in home, only wifi. When I'm at home alone with the TV being the only item used, this happens at the same time every night and does not return to normal for around an hour. The wifi on my mobile phone  at this time is perfect, only the TV buffering. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is the TV connected to a VM TV box - Tivo/V6/Stream/360 ? 

Or is it via freeview and an arial?  Or is it streaming something - iPlayer, etc over wifi from the Hub.

It may be that something is switching on at 9pm and interfering with TV connection.  It may be something in your house or external to you.  How close is the TV to the Hub?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Are you a neighbour of this OP? https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Please-help-Super-slow-speed-post-9pm-every-night/m-p/542...

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Hi, I have the new Tivo box. The Apps I use to stream, for example BBCiPlayer, are on the Smart TV, I don't use the apps on the virgin box. The HUB isn't in the same room as TV but as there are no streaming problems throughout the day nor early evening I don't imagine the location is the fault. X