Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

97 year old customer has had no broadband since last Thursday

My 97 year old Great-Uncle's broadband stopped working last Thursday.

Virgin are aware of the issue  but have not done anything further about it.

He has difficulties contacting them.

Is there a separate process for helping  vulnerable customers who are not nimble enough to hang on the phone for up to an hour, ready to speak to an agent as soon as they take the call and before they move on to the next customer?

He doesn't have a smartphone so can't use the chat service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 97 year old customer has had no broadband since last Thursday

I'm afraid it is either phone in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

OK thanks. I'll get him to ring them at 8am and the VM forum staff sound like a good back-up. I guess the implication of your reply is 'no there is not a vulnerable customers process'.
I think that if, when you phoned Virgin, they told you where you were in the queue that would make the customer experience so much better.
I guess they must have thought of that and have a reason for not doing it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It is known in some circles as NFI.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have flagged for VM to take a look - they will probably want to contact you by private message on here - so keep checking back.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @dave1500

Welcome to our Community and for your first post - I was sorry to understand that your Great Uncle has has some broadband issues and has had some difficulties getting in touch with us to report it to us. 

In order to take a closer look we'll need to pop you a Private Message so we can take his information and locate his account. I'll send you a Private Message now, please look out for the Purple Envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

I certainly understand your concern at your uncle not being able to contact us; our call lines have got busier than usual since Covid-19 and as such we are asking customers to only call if they are a Priority or Vulnerable customer where possible. We also have a text service for those customers who are unable to use Live Chat or their online account. 

You can text us on 07533051809 for cable or 07533016422 for mobile issues. 

As mentioned, I'll pop you a Private Message now though - pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for your Private Message @dave1500

I have located your uncles account from here and taken a look at his services - we can see that the Hub was rebooted around 45 minutes ago; is your Uncle still having issues with his broadband? 

We have no known area issues listed in the region and no errors showing on his services from this end. We can see that has two devices connected; one of which is his TV services. 

Please do pop back if he's still having issues and what those issues are and we'll be more than happy to take a closer look for you. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

Thank you for taking a look at this for me.

Horace turned the hub off and back on again after waiting 10 minutes, but he still can't use his tablet.

Please could you give him a call on his landline (0208 942 4043) and see if you can resolve his problem?

I've spoken to him and he said that would be very helpful.

By the way, he usually  goes to bed about 7pm and gets up before 6am.

Cheers

David

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi David,

Thanks for coming back to us, although I am sorry to hear he's still having trouble connecting his iPad.

I'm afraid we cannot arrange call backs here from the Community Forum as we are a web based team. I have however checked his account again and found that there are some signal level issues ongoing in the area which is likely to be what's causing him the trouble. Sadly we don't have all the necessary details just yet in regards to what's causing the issue, and so we cannot provide an estimated fix date/time at the moment, but our automated system has identified the issue to only be short termed and should be resolved soon.

Can you let us know if he is having issues connecting any other devices to the hub, and whether his iPad is connected to the hub but without an internet connection, or whether he is unable to connect the iPad to the hub at all.

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth,

I think he's only got the one device - a tablet.

Thank you for your information

Regards

David

0 Kudos