Menu
Reply
Highlighted
  • 8
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
118 Views
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

80+% packet loss multiple days, Unacceptable

Hello,

Over the last few weeks there have been many days where the quality of the internet connection degraded a lot. Recently have upgraded to Gig 1 internet and those issues have still been happening. Started monitoring the internet connection and the graph can be seen in the following link:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/cd9789fafdf94c4d1a13b6df3dd5b66d6ed630ab-19-11-2020

 

As can be seen 2 days in a row there are periods with more than 80% packet loss in the evening/night. Given the amount of money being spent on the broadband and that it is meant to be a Gigabit of bandwidth this is unacceptable for the connection to be so intermittent in terms of dropping packets.

Is there any way to resolve this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 3.65K
  • 283
  • 513
Superfast
115 Views
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: 80+% packet loss multiple days, Unacceptable


@InternetUser100 wrote:

Hello,

Over the last few weeks there have been many days where the quality of the internet connection degraded a lot. Recently have upgraded to Gig 1 internet and those issues have still been happening. Started monitoring the internet connection and the graph can be seen in the following link:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/cd9789fafdf94c4d1a13b6df3dd5b66d6ed630ab-19-11-2020

 

As can be seen 2 days in a row there are periods with more than 80% packet loss in the evening/night. Given the amount of money being spent on the broadband and that it is meant to be a Gigabit of bandwidth this is unacceptable for the connection to be so intermittent in terms of dropping packets.

Is there any way to resolve this?


Have you reported the issue to VM?

0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 11.9K
  • 929
  • 1.53K
Alessandro Volta
113 Views
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: 80+% packet loss multiple days, Unacceptable

Your >> BQM << is very odd looking.

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

Hub 2 & 3 When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Hub 4 When the page appears LOG IN then click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow / straw box warning click the Post button again. Use one post for each tab if you wish.

Please do not use screen grabs.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 8
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
100 Views
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: 80+% packet loss multiple days, Unacceptable

3.0 Downstream channels

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) SNR (dB) Modulation Channel ID

304027500004.00000038.983261QAM25630
11387500008.40000240.366287QAM2561
21467500007.80000340.366287QAM2562
31547500007.59999840.366287QAM2563
41627500007.40000240.946209QAM2564
51707500007.30000340.366287QAM2565
61787500007.19999740.366287QAM2566
71867500006.90000240.366287QAM2567
81947500006.80000340.366287QAM2568
92027500006.69999740.946209QAM2569
102107500006.69999740.366287QAM25610
112187500006.30000340.366287QAM25611
122267500006.40000238.983261QAM25612
132347500006.30000340.366287QAM25613
142427500006.09999840.366287QAM25614
152507500005.90000238.983261QAM25615
162587500006.09999840.366287QAM25616
172667500006.50000040.366287QAM25617
182747500006.19999738.983261QAM25618
192827500005.69999738.983261QAM25619
202907500005.19999740.366287QAM25620
212987500005.50000038.983261QAM25621
223067500005.80000340.366287QAM25622
233147500005.80000338.605377QAM25623
243227500005.80000338.983261QAM25624
253307500005.50000038.983261QAM25625
263707500004.50000038.983261QAM25626
273787500004.09999838.605377QAM25627
283867500003.90000238.983261QAM25628
293947500003.79999938.983261QAM25629
314107500003.90000238.983261QAM25631



3.0 Downstream channels

Channel Lock Status RxMER (dB) Pre RS Errors Post RS Errors

30Locked000
1Locked9636538000
2Locked59846700
3Locked59399600
4Locked59301600
5Locked58169200
6Locked60363600
7Locked59382800
8Locked25101700
9Locked23221400
10Locked27132700
11Locked25995100
12Locked25036800
13Locked24289000
14Locked19973200
15Locked26222900
16Locked26624600
17Locked25388100
18Locked22849100
19Locked28690100
20Locked24290900
21Locked26075200
22Locked22416700
23Locked26424500
24Locked38916300
25Locked46511800
26Locked43672500
27Locked42517000
28Locked46295800
29Locked46697300
31Locked19644220700



3.1 Downstream channelsChannel Channel Width (MHz) FFT Type Number of Active Subcarriers Modulation (Active Profile) First Active Subcarrier (Hz)
159864K1680QAM4096424


3.1 Downstream channelsChannel ID Lock Status RxMER Data (dB) PLC Power (dBmV) Correcteds (Active Profile) Uncorrectables (Active Profile)
159Locked 4.61067614913

 

0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 8
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
97 Views
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: 80+% packet loss multiple days, Unacceptable

3.0 Upstream channels

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID

16030000036.2705995120 KSym/sec64QAM1
23940000035.2705995120 KSym/sec64QAM4
34620000035.7705995120 KSym/sec64QAM3
45370000036.7705995120 KSym/sec64QAM2



3.0 Upstream channels

Channel Channel Type T1 Timeouts T2 Timeouts T3 Timeouts T4 Timeouts

1US_TYPE_STDMA004334
2US_TYPE_STDMA004334
3US_TYPE_STDMA004334
4US_TYPE_STDMA004334
0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 8
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
96 Views
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: 80+% packet loss multiple days, Unacceptable

General Configuration

Network access
true
Maximum Number of CPEs
1
Baseline Privacy
true
DOCSIS Mode
3.1
Config file
54k;fg87dsfd;kfoA,.iyewrk



Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID
3641
Max Traffic Rate
1200000450
Max Traffic Burst
42600
Min Traffic Rate
0



Primary Upstream Service Flow

SFID
3640
Max Traffic Rate
55000270
Max Traffic Burst
42600
Min Traffic Rate
0
Max Concatenated Burst
16320
Scheduling Type
bestEffort
0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 8
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
95 Views
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: 80+% packet loss multiple days, Unacceptable

Network Log

Time Priority Description

0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 3.65K
  • 283
  • 513
Superfast
91 Views
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: 80+% packet loss multiple days, Unacceptable


@InternetUser100 wrote:

3.0 Upstream channels

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID

16030000036.2705995120 KSym/sec64QAM1
23940000035.2705995120 KSym/sec64QAM4
34620000035.7705995120 KSym/sec64QAM3
45370000036.7705995120 KSym/sec64QAM2



3.0 Upstream channels

Channel Channel Type T1 Timeouts T2 Timeouts T3 Timeouts T4 Timeouts

1US_TYPE_STDMA004334
2US_TYPE_STDMA004334
3US_TYPE_STDMA004334
4US_TYPE_STDMA004334

The huge number of timeouts are a concern!

0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 8
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
74 Views
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: 80+% packet loss multiple days, Unacceptable

Also just checked and the virgin service status page has updated to "We know of an issue in your area that results in loss of service"

0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 3.65K
  • 283
  • 513
Superfast
70 Views
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: 80+% packet loss multiple days, Unacceptable


@InternetUser100 wrote:

Also just checked and the virgin service status page has updated to "We know of an issue in your area that results in loss of service"


At least they are aware of an issue.

0 Kudos
Reply