Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

5ghz problem

Hi had virgin broadband installed today with a hub 3 but the 5ghz keeps dropping out all the time on phones iPads tv etc tried resetting factory reinstalling etc no change any advice ?? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 5ghz problem

sometimes splitting up the wifi on the hub can resolve this:
Go into the Hub3 settings. Type in http://192.168.0.1 into your web browser’s url box) and login with settings password on the Hub's base sticker (or your own if you changed it). Then in Advanced>wireless>signal disable "channel optimisation" – click apply changes.
Then, go to advanced>wireless>security, rename the 2.4 & 5 GHz network ssid's. Just change 'em to whatever you like and something that will differentiate them (e.g - xxxxx2 & xxxxx5) -- use the same password if you like, Then, apply settings and restart the Hub. Your 2 wifi networks will now be clearly separated - and you can then select the network you want to connect to individually from the "available networks" list on each device. 5 GHz is usually better and subject to less interference (and is better for iDevices ) than the 2.4 one - although this one has the better "range" and some older/cheaper/dumber devices can only use this one.
taken from -> https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Separating-2-4ghz-and-5ghz-on-super-hub-3-0/td-p/...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi I’ve got the network split and the 2 GHz side is fine it’s just the 5 GHz side that keeps dropping out all the time

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Dropping out in what sense and over what distance?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Moschops99,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

I've been able to take a look into your account, and at the stats of the hub and can see that everything currently appears to be within spec.

How has the connection to the 5Ghz band been since your latest post?

Has splitting the bands as advised from @paultechy been helpful at all?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos