Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

5ghz WiFi not appearing

So I have the super hub 3 a for the past few months have had the download speed slow down from an average of 150mb/s to now a measly 20mb/s. Got in contact with virgin media support and they just said they’ll try separate my WiFi into 2. The thing is only 2.4ghz appears and the 5ghz channel isn’t appearing on my devices which can access a 5ghz WiFi signal. Any ideas what’s going on?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: 5ghz WiFi not appearing

You already have a post on this: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/5ghz-WiFi-not-appearing/m-p/4442568#M332148

Have you factory reset the hub?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

hi gary, yes i've factory reset it a few times and still the 5ghz wifi wouldnt appear once ive disabled channel optimisation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@DXCraze wrote:

hi gary, yes i've factory reset it a few times and still the 5ghz wifi wouldnt appear once ive disabled channel optimisation.

Does it appear for any devices?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

nope none of my devices can see the 5ghz wifi. They can only see the 2.4ghz one. even my iphone 12 cant find it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Have you factory reset the hub doing a 60 second pinhole reset?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

yep that's what i've done doesnt seem to make a difference. it resets then i log into setting and disable channel optimisation. But still no 5ghz 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi DXCraze, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your WIFI channels looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. 

I have a link here for Changing WIFI channels which might help with this issue. 

Can I also ask why you're trying to change the channels in the first instance? Are you having problems with your WIFI signal?

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan thanks for the link, 

move been having WiFi issues for the past few months and about a month ago I rang virgin media support where they separated the channels for me. The thing is only the 2.4ghz channel has appeared and no 5ghz channel is visible. I’ve tried factory resetting to no avail. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Do the devices in question support the 5Ghz band?

0 Kudos