Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

5Ghz keeps losing internet

I have only had Virgin Media for a few weeks now and I am regretting it immensely due to a fault with the WIFI. The WIFI on the 3 hub that I have allows devices to connect to the 5Ghz but keeps on dropping the internet. Some devices switch over to 2.4Ghz which works but has a terrible signal, others like my ring door bell just disconnect. I have called the support twice and neither have managed to fix the issue (the first even turned off the 2.4Ghz WIFI without telling me disconnecting all my older devices that do not have 5Ghz WIFI). I was told someone from deep support would call me within 48 hours but all I got was an email telling me they had made some changes and to restart the router but still the issue remains. It is not happening all the time, it comes and goes at random times but spends more time with no internet than with it. Devices like phones and windows computers report it as a  "no internet connection" connection.

I used this forum to see if anyone else was having the issue and it seems that lots of people are. I have tried all the things here such as split the WIFI name, change channel, disable channel optimisation etc. The Hub 3 was installed by a engineer at the same time as the TV service.

I have used the mobile app to do the WIFI scanning and it suggested I order a WIFI booster. I tried to do this but each time I click the link in the app I get an "Oops, something went wrong" page. I also get this page when I try to look at my services via a web browser.

Can anyone recommend anything?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: 5Ghz keeps losing internet

Put the hub into modem mode and get your own better router or mesh system

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos