cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5GHz Dropping Frequently

SopMar
Joining in

We’ve been having issues with the 5GHz dropping frequently on our Hitron business router, so anything connected to it doesn’t work until moved to 2.4Ghz.

Turning the router off and on again gives a temporary fix, but only for a few days.
this has been ongoing for about a month.

Please can someone help.

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Hitron?

You on a VM Business contract or in the R.O.I?

Sounds like wifi interference from somewhere. Just as an example I lose wifi connection whenever our new Panasonic microwave oven is switched on - it restores upon the "ping" !

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello SopMar

Sorry to hear of the wireless network issues relating to the 5ghz frequency, we understand the frustration caused and you raising this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

From looking at the details we're unable to locate a residential account and given the router details would be inclined to believe this was a business account as pointed out by jbrennad. We're only able to assist with residential services and accounts via this forum, if it is a residential account let us know and we can take it from there.

If not, please contact the Virgin Media Business using any of the methods here.

Rob