Menu
tommyL
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

5G or not 5G ?

Hi, 

I have just had 3 devices go offline, a printer, a video doorbell and a smart plug. They will not reconnect to internet and the troubleshooting process comes back with '" unable to connect to 5G network " . How can I resolve this please ?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 5G or not 5G ?

Reboot the hub and try again

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Irishdexy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As Gary has said Reboot the Router but have you considered putting the External Devices on 2.4Ghz instead?

5Ghz is good but its range is far more Limited so your extra oomph comes at a trade-off. 

2.4Ghz will be a little slower but far more stable when it comes to the distance. You could also try using WiFi Boosters to the other rooms.

I suspect the reboot will fix it but if it was to continue to drop off I'd consider the above

Good Luck

0 Kudos
tommyL
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have tried rebooting but it makes no difference. How do I separate 2.4 and 5 G ?

0 Kudos
Irishdexy
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Tommy, 

I think there is a setting on the Hub Page (192.168.0.1) that allows you to turn off Smart Connect? 

Not sure if that is the correct term but check the Wireless Settings under basic and if you can't see anything check the Advanced View.

It should allow you to swap over to 2.4Ghz (just call your 2.4Ghz Network something different so you know the difference between them at a glance)

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If that don't work you can get a better wireless router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------