Menu
Tonycam
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

5G Network has disappeared

My networks were set as 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz by the Virgin engineer on installation some years ago.

The 5Ghz has disappeared this week and not available to connect to.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 5G Network has disappeared

Reset them by going into the Hub settings and retyping the network names you want/had into the SSID boxes i.d.'s - and then save these settings

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Tonycam
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to sound dim, but how do I access the hub settings?

Thanks,

Tony.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Follow this....

Type in  http://192.168.0.1  into your web browser’s url box and login with settings password on the Hub's base sticker (or your own if you changed it). Then in Advanced>wireless>smart wifi - tick the disable “channel optimisation” box and save settings.  Then, go to advanced>wireless>security, rename the 2.4 & 5 GHz network ssid's.  Just change 'em back to what they werr -- use the same password for simplicity,  Then, apply settings and restart the Hub. 

Your 2 wifi networks will now be clearly separated - and you can then select the network you want to connect to individually from the "available networks" list on each device as previously

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Forgot to add... also check that the "disable 5GHz wireless band" box has not been ticked.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Tonycam
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks John, that has sorted it!

0 Kudos